Ch22: vocal check

Michael pov:
It has been a week since I seen Briel, I tried calling her but she would ignore my calls. I sat next to Quincy Jones in the studio while I ate KFC. Quincy knew I had something on mind while I bit My chicken.

Quincy: "Whats the matter boy?"
Me: "Nothing...."

I stopped eating then walked to the microphone. I took a deep breath before I sing but Quincy started to give me advice.

Quincy: "Michael I want your emotions you're feeling right now to show in your song"
Michael: "ok..."

I started to sing two words of the song but Lisa rushed in the room seeming
To be angry. She threw a magazine at me  and started yelling.

Lisa: "WHEN DID THIS ALL HAPPEN!?"
Me: "what are you talking about?!"
Lisa: "go check the magazine!"

I looked at the front page and saw Briel and I with our baby in the hospital room. I can't believe they found out that I was the father...the things people do to find gossip. My mouth dropped and I was speechless once I stared at the cover.

Lisa: "so you cheated on me!?"
Me: "no!"

Lisa: "it doesn't matter now since I'm divorcing you!"

She angrily left the room and slammed the door. Quincy and I where quite after that so we continued working on my song.

Briel pov:
I had no where to live after Johnny left me. I started to move back to my cousin, violets house with my baby. I sat on the couch holding Kingsley while watching full house. I then heard footsteps from outside leading to the house. I got up holding Kingsley still and peeked out the window. No one was out there so I walked back to the couch but then I heard something from upstairs.

I put Kingsley back in the playpen then I rushed to the kitchen to grab a knife.

Me: "who's upstairs!?"

The noise became louder so I walked up the stairs. I walked in the bedroom with the knife in my hand. I then saw my father sitting in the chair in the corner of the room. Tears appeared once I saw him making me think of the past.

Father: "...hello Briel"
Me: "what the fuck do you want!?"

Father: "I came here to see my grandson"

Me: "get the fuck away from us!"

Father: "remember when you were 13 years old......"

Tears flew out of my eyes remembering that time when my father.....raped me when I was only 13.