Wrong Turn

Gina:

I put Malaya in the grocery cart as we walked in the store picking up stuff im leaving tomorrow and we already made a bond I don't wanna leave her but I gotta face that she's not mines.

"Gina". She said tapping me.

"Yes Baby". I said looking down.

"I want Fruit Snacks". She said playing with her hair.

"Okay imma get you some".

I picked up a few stuff for dinner then got what Malaya wanted and jumped in the line waiting for my turn to come. I texted Keon I was on my way back.

Unknown: Your day will take a big turn..time is ticking

 I deleted that one and threw my phone back in my purse and waited in the long line.

------------------

I fixed my mirror and turned down Keon's street,I pressed down on my brake when I seen Yellow Police Tape around his house. 

Oh my god what did you do Keon

I parked on the side of the street and I got Malaya out the car and walked to the surrounding crowd. 2 Policemen had Keon handcuffed walking him to the car.

"Keon".I yelled moving pass people.

"Gina take care of her please just take care of daughter she's all I got". He said starting to cry looking down at her.

I nodded my head and watched him get in that car,I shed a tear that's just fucked up. Malaya waved at him and he waved back as the car sped off.

"Daddy". She said pointing to the car.

I marched over to one of the police but the other one stopped me.

"Where you going Little Lady". He said standing infront of me.

"Why is he going to jail".

"We've been watching his house and he was selling drugs he's gone that was the last straw".He chuckled.

"Fucking Pig". I said walking away.

I rolled my eyes and tore their tape off the house and walked in the house. I sat Malaya down and she looked at me.

"Where Daddy going?". She said in a sad voice.

"Um well Daddy is going in timeout he wanted me to tell you that he love you and he will be back".

"Can you tell him I love him to?".She said cheerfully.

"Yes I will tell him,wanna help me get the groceries we gonna start cooking like I promised".

"Yeah,Let's go Gina". She said pulling my arm.

I chuckled and walked out the front door... 

--------------

I sat down on the front porch dialing La'Monica's number I don't know if I am going to Atlanta no more.

"Hey Gina". She answered on the third ring.

"La'Monica Keon went to Jail today I got Malaya right now".

"Omg did he? Damn for what they".

"He slipped up they have been watching the house and I guess they seen him do a exchange or something".

"I thought you were leaving tomorrow".

"I was unless you can keep Malaya".

"I would but im over here struggling I got fired from the club last night my money way to tight over here,take her to Atlanta she's gonna need someone like you she's has no mother and she slowly losing her father...Look you are getting your Master's degree this year,you have money,I know you have a house,Malaya need someone to look up at Gina I know he wont be gone long that little girl need someone".

"Your right Monica plus I still have a plane ticket since Tyson left me and didnt use this one I guess...I guess i'll call you later".

"Thank You Gina your are a really good person I wish I can take her in but I cant but yeah text".

"Okay Bye".

I dialed Tyson's number to talk about some things and I haven''t talked to him since this morning and I wanna see wassup.

"Wassup Baby". He said answering on the first ring.

"Tysonnnnn Keon went to the jail today and he put me in charge of his daughter so she coming with me".

"Why he pick you? He ain't got no Cousins or a Momma or sumthang".

"No that's why he asked me,don't even act like that". 

"I guess man".

"What is your problem Tyson? I'm just helping a freind I know he would do it for me".

"Gina I ain't even say nothing,it's whatever you want Gina".

"Oh Yeah and I bought a Condo there with the help of Sammy". 

"Why you don't wanna stay with me?".

"I just wanted my own you know,I gotta go though i'll call you later".

I hurried up and hung out because I knew he was gonna get mad..Lord help me get thru this.

Malaya in the MM