Memories Lost

You two had been together for a long time. You two were happy together. You two were in love.

You spent as much time as possible with them. You made sure to tell them that you loved them.

That was until it happened. The accident. They fell into a comma, one that would last a long time.

You always felt alone after that. You always felt neglected and sad. The thought of ending it all, always in the back of your mind. The only thing keeping you from actually doing it, was the possibility of seeing them again.

Then, they finally woke up. You were ecstatic But, that happiness was short lived. They questioned who you were and where they were.

You felt crushed. You didn't know what to do. Should you run? Should you scream? Should you slowly break down?

Your question was answered when you felt tears pouring down your face. You ran from the room, hoping, beyond hope, that this was all just a dream. That the last few months of your life was just a dream.

But, sadly it wasn't. All that time had been real. And, you hated it

Eventually you went back. They didn't remember anything. They didn't remember you, your relationship, all the intimate moments, all the great times you'd had. Nothing. All the memories gone.

So, you started the long task of winning their heart again, knowing they were still them, so they still had hope of the love they once shared.