A Subtle Change

I blame @xXAgentBelleXx for this btw.

It started with a subtle change. Him getting angry at you for no reason at all. You thought nothing of it, thinking it was just a mood.

After that it went back to normal, no more small outburst of anger. No more subtle changes.

It went back to you loving him and him loving you. The perfect pair even.

You loved him and all his weirdness. you loved him and he loved you.

Then, it all changed. it started with a sarcastic comment, one meant to be joking, but turned serious when the other took offense.

He yelled at you. He said such mean things. Each felt like a knife plunging into your heart, sinking deeper and deeper.

You ran out of the house, tears streaming down your face, your heart in a million pieces, never to be whole again.

The rain poured down, drenching you, chilling you to the bone. But, you could care less.

You ran into the street, not bothering to look, which would ultimately be your downfall.

You hear the screech of tires and feel the pain, terrible pain. Almost as bad as the knife that drove through your heart with each word shouted.

You lay in the middle of the road, broken, physically, mentally, and emotionally.

You see him run over to you, squaring beside you, tears running down his face.

His lips were moving, but you couldn't hear. The edges of your vision were starting to fade to black. He was the only thing you could see, and it brought you pain.

You felt the knife sink deeper as the fight replayed in your head. Your vision was fading fast and your breathes became more ragged.

You took your last shuddering breath as you saw him mouth 'I'm so sorry'