The Boy With Purple Eyes

Hey guys! Bubbles here! So this follows the same basic idea from The Boy From The End, but I the wrote it and changed a few things! I hope you enjoy!

(Trigger warning)

Etho's POV

There was this tradition... something everyone did without question. You took your son, when they turned 10, to a dimension with a black sky, with stone the color of the moon, black towers of obsidian that hold crystals, creatures tall and black, with eyes that are a dark, deep, dangerous purple, and a dragon, with black scales, dangerous black spikes lining it's body and tail, with eyes like the creatures, and it breathes a dangerous purple fire, which was hotter than any fire or lava, and burns with a great furry. This place is called The End. You went there with the goal of slaying the dragon.

This was a place most boys feared, its called The End for a reason, but I'm not most boys. I'm excited for it, ever since my mom died I haven't been able to enjoy life, not exactly at least.

My mom was the light in my dads world, she was the only thing that kept him... well... him.

I was 5 when she died. It was the worst day of my life. not only did I loose my mom, but I lost my dad, not physically, but mentally. he lost it after she died. he slowly started deteriorating, he acted lost and dead inside. eventually he started drinking, slowly letting the alcohol take over his life, which made him act different. Very different.

He became abusive. every time I tried to tell someone he threatened me, so I gave up. it wasn't worth trying to escape the pain, only to endure more. so now I wear a mask, to hide a scar. I also now have a red eye, which was caused by a cut across my eye that didn't heal properly.

I don't really have any friends either, so I had to greave by myself. I don't have any relatives beyond my dad. so basically he is the only one I have left, sadly. not only is he abusive, but I have to fend for myself. which means if I want to eat, I have to hunt for my food.

All that said, I'm very excited for the day when we head to The End.

~~~<3~~~

I grab my bow and head into the living room.

"Ready to go?" Dad asks

"Yes!" I reply eagerly

We head out the door and down the road, towards the fortress.

When we get there I'm basically bouncing off the walls.

"Etho, you need to calm down....." Dad says sending me a look

"But I'm so excited!" I reply

He sighs in frustration "okay, when you step through the portal you will get dizzy and feel detached for a moment. when we get to The End we will have a few minutes before the dragon swoops in, and watch out for the endermen. If at any point we get separated, meet at the portal."

"Got it!"

He sends me a look and steps through the portal. I look at the dark blue swirls of the portal and take deep breath, then I jump through.

I step onto the endstone and instantly feel really dizzy, which I tried to counteract, but ended up on my butt.

I shake my head, trying to clear the dizzy spell. when it subsides I look up to see dad looking at the sky anxiously.

I hop up and walk beside my dad

"See her there" he points to a speck in the sky

I squint "yes"

"Good, now be careful and stay by my side."

I nod

He takes off in a sprint, I take off as well, and easily catch up.