1. The Night That Changed It All

May 23, 2011

"Hi" I said into the mic.

I was never one to talk to crowds but this past month i've gained confidence.

"This is our last concert of our hometown tour. I want to thank y'all for coming and supporting our band, So let's begin introductions. I'm Christiana, I'm from here and most of you have known me since birth. Over here," I wave my hand to Caleb,

"Is Caleb on guitar!" The crowd claps. It's a small town so there's maybe 500 people here.

I turn to Warren, "We have Warren on the Marimba" I love the marimba. Not many bands even use the marimba which is sad.

Warren straightens up and throws a cheesy grin.

"On drums we have Kirk!" Kirk throw a drumstick in the air and starts to play.

"and on bass we have Robby!!" Robby smiles and starts to play.

We all do our intro jig.

"And we are Cage The Princess!"

Caleb starts the intro and we begin our last concert. We're a punk, metalcore rock band. Caleb does the intense screaming and plays guitar, I sing and play the electric guitar, Robby and Warren sing back up. We all met freshman year and clicked instantly.

It all started when Caleb and I met and remixed a bunch of popular songs, kind of like My Love by We Came As Romans. We spent hours and days remixing and just hanging out. Soon becoming best friends over joking about my One Direction obsession to helping him get the girl.

At first it was just us remixing, dreaming of letting our remixes get out. The idea sparked when I mentioned I had always wanted to move out of Mississippi and form a band. We then met with Warren and he instantly agreed. Robby and Kirk over heard our conversation and asked to join. And there you have it. We had our first meeting and came up with the name Cage The Princess. I'm not really sure why we picked that name. Something about Mario and them kidnapping me, the princess, and keeping me in a cage. When you put a group of nerds into a band. That's what happens.

We started the hometown tours right after freshman year, going to all of our hometowns. We've composed a couple songs but we mainly do covers right now, just getting us out there. Before the tour we put some of our covers on YouTube hoping someone sees them. We weren't looking for thousands of views but that's what we received and came up with the idea of going to all of our hometowns, spreading the news around Mississippi. Hundreds of people showed up to each town we went. We were amazed after the first show and all agreed on that this is what we wanted to do for the rest of our lives. Performing is pure happiness. There's no other way to describe it. Even if we are an "emo" band which our parents call it, it makes all of us happy to share our talents.

"Thanks y'all for coming out tonight and drive safely!!"

That night my changed in two ways. Both good and very bad.

A man come up to us after the show and says "Hi, I'm Steven from Equal Vision Records and you guys have amazing talent."

I cringe when he said "you guys" like seriously. We're in Mississippi. It's y'all.

I smile and shake his hand, "Thanks"

"It would be an honor to sign you onto us. Please meet with us in our office in New York."

My mouth dropped. Is he serious? Us getting signed? Getting an album out? Maybe touring to arenas? That's crazy.

He hands us his card and shakes our hands "I'll be looking forward to seeing you guys."

We all look to each other and do an extremely awkward dance and jump into massive group hug.

I walk, well run to where our parents should be in the crowd. Excited to tell them and my brother. I don't see my parents but that's not a surprise, they don't support me so I walk up to Robby's mom.

"Hey, have you seen my parents?"

She knows about my relationship with them and she gives me a sympathetic look, I hate that look I'd rather be slapped than receive sympathy, "No darling, I haven't."

"What about Christian?" He's my little brother, My older brothers died, one of cancer at 27 in late April, and one of heart failure at 32 in early May. So young to die, I was taking it hard but I had Christian. He's only 4 years younger than me so we were the closest, my best friend. My oldest brother didn't talk to us, so Christian was all I had left.

"No, I haven't seen him either, Sorry hun."

I give her a small smile and walk to where my bandmates are. "Hey I'm gonna head out. Y'all know where my house is so just come whenever. Y'alls parents are welcome to stay also. I love y'all." I smile at my boys.

"Love you too! You did good tonight." Robby's smiles.

I give each of them a huge hug.

"Oh hush. Y'all did amazing just like always." I wink at them and walk to my Jeep with a lot on my mind.

My parents I suspected not to show up. But Christian? Not gonna lie, that hurt. He supported me in anything I did, good or bad.

I pull my phone out and I have 48 missed calls from an unknown number, the sheriff, and the hospital.

"What the hell?"

I call the last number and find out the reason my parents and Christian didn't show.

They were on the way to my concert when a drunk driver ran a red light and hit them, making them spin into an 18 wheeler.

A/N

Hey y'all! I had a dream about a scene and decided to write a story. One Direction will appear shortly. Vote, comment, follow please!! I'll post the next part soon!

Tweet #ctpff with pictures or favorite moments or edits with Harry and Kaya. :) trying to spread the story around.

Much love! xxx