68. I Was Never Good Enough

We arrive at these peoples house and Harry stops the car.

"Wow." He states and I nod my head. Their house is huge, quite possibly larger than Harry's house.

"Here goes nothing." I sigh and Harry hops out of his car and comes to my side. He opens the door and immediately kisses me.

"Whatever happens, it's okay. They'll either love you, which I fully believe they will because you're you, or they'll hate you and so what? You've lived most of your life not even knowing these people and you've been fine, well sorta. Regardless like I said earlier, you have me, my family, the boys, and the girls." His little pep talk helped. I take a deep breathe and blow it out and I nod.

"Okay." I slide out of the car and take Harry's hand in mine holding onto him for dear life. We made it here right behind Denise so they're getting out of their car.

"I'm so glad you two decided to come here." Her smile is genuine but I can't help but think she's faking. Which I feel horrible for thinking because she's been nothing but nice to me. "Michael will be home shortly. He's picking up dinner for us." She smiles and we follow her into the huge home.

"Your home is so big." I gasp as we walk in. If I thought the outside was big it is nothing in comparison.

"Thank you. It was my fathers and when he died he passed it on to me which was very nice because Michael, Nathan, and I were living in those one person flat and I was pregnant with Natalie. So we're very blessed." She smiles admiring her home in the same way Harry and I are. "Come on in and make yourself at home."

"Yeah come on!" Natalie grabs Harry's hand and Nathan grabs mine. They take us to this room where their toys are neatly placed. This room is almost as big as my flat back in New York. Natalie takes out her tea set and puts a tiara on Harry. He smiles at her until she turns around then he turns to me with wide eyes and a pouty face. I giggle and take his picture. He sticks his tongue out at me and smiles when Natalie turns back around. Nathan hands me a remote control and brings out two cars and puts them on the painted race track in the middle of the room. My eyes widen and I look to Nathan and raise my eyebrow and he does the same. I turn back to the remote and push forward signaling for the car to go.

"Hey!" Nathan laughs and his car jerks forward. "You didn't warn me or anything."

"That's Christiana for you." Harry snickers as he's pretending to drink tea out of the mug. I ignore him and race with Nathan. Nathan gets a little upset that he's losing so I swallow my pride and allow him to fly in front of me.

"In your face!" Nathan comes up to me with a proud smirk on his face.

"Definitely an Upchurch." I laugh and he frowns.

"Are you an Upchurch?" He asks with his eyes wide.

"Yes I am." I smile and kneel in front of him.

"Are you my sister?" He comes a little closer to me scrunching his face as he examines my face.

I laugh and shake my head. "No, buddy. I'm your cousin."

"What does that mean?" He asks and I'm about to answer when Denise comes in.

"I see my kids have kept you two occupied." She laughs. "Michael has arrived." She smiles and leaves the room.

I begin to panic and my eyes shift to find Harry's and he's already up and walking towards me. He offers his hand to pull me up and I let him. "It's okay." He whispers in my ear. "I'll be right beside you the whole time." He squeezes my hand and begins to walk towards the door. I gulp and follow right beside him. We walk into the kitchen area and there's a man standing there who looks exactly like my dad. Daddy always said his brother could pass as his twin but this is too much. I lean into Harry's side but not taking my eyes off of my uncle.