7. Don't Give Up On Me

We walk to this park that he had mentioned. He reached his hand out for me to grab but I denied him again.

He nods and drops his hand. "Okay then"

I stuff my hands in my black studded jacket.

We reach the park. I stop in my tracks. Its like park kingdom. The park had huge structures, overlapping swings, monkey bars, a rock wall, and tunnels connecting them. Every little kids dream. I hope to come back to this kingdom in the daytime to actually get a good look at everything.

We climb into the swing area and I feel like a kid again. I ignore the fact that there are only two swings and a heart on the wall opposite of the swings.

We swing back and forth for a bit before he clears his throat.

"Why did you reject me three times?" He asks curiously.

I shrug not giving him an answer.

"Why do you push people away? Your band loves you but you even push them away. Why?"

I glare at him. What right did he have to say that? Well it's the truth, hun. You just thought no one noticed. I stand up angrily about to go off on him but I see the look in his eyes. Sympathy. I can't stand that look. I turn and climb through a tunnel, up a mini rock wall, and to a secluded area where there is a bench around a sandpit. Harry soon follows and sits beside me.

"Will you just let me in?"

"Why should I let you in when I haven't let anyone in and pushed everyone away since the accident."

There's a short pause before Harry whispers, "What accident?"

I wrap my hands together and look at them and sigh. As I look up, his eyes are on me.

"It all started in April 2011 when my brother died of cancer in late April. Then my other brother died of heart failure in early May."

I took a deep breath realizing I've never talked to anyone about this or even said they were dead out loud.

"On the night we were signed, exactly one year ago today, it was the last hometown concert and it was my hometown. I found out we got signed and went to find my parents but I figured they wouldn't show because the didn't support me at all but I had to tell someone so when I didn't see my parents I looked for my little brother, my best friend. I asked Robby's mom if she'd seen them and she said no. So I checked my phone and I had a lot of missed calls."

I take a deep breath.

"And I found out that while they were coming to the concert, a drunk driver ran a red light and hit them making them swerve into an 18 wheeler. My dad and brother were killed instantly but my mom stayed alive for 5 hours and died in my arms. She wrote me a note as soon as she woke up. Her and me didn't get along at all. She told me she hated me every day of my life and told me I was worthless and in the note she apologized."

I tell him slowly. It feels good letting it out. I didn't look at him because I knew what the look on his face would be. Sympathy.

He scoots close to me but not touching me. Good boy.

"Wow."

"I don't need your sympathy," I say coldly glaring at him, but I look at my hands again, "But it does feel better telling someone."

He looks over to me. "I can see why you push people away now. Not gonna lie, if I lost my mum or sister I don't think I could carry on."

"It's not easy and I probably wouldn't of carried on but I had made a promise to my very best friend, who died senior year, that I would become famous and marry the Jonas Brothers but that's beside the point." I look to him.