Chapter 3. Narnia

Waking up didn't help clear up her mind

Waking up didn't help clear up her mind. How can one fall asleep in a dream and then wake up? For a moment she felt like she was in her own bed, but then the castle walls revealed that it was not true. The possibility of it being a dream were narrowing. Angelina put the white pillow to her eyes to block the sun out, but that was why windows were built so big in those times, people didn't have alarm clocks. Looking down at the clothes prepared for her on a chair, Angelina sighed. She could no longer wear her jeans and a t-shirt topped off with a sweatshirt. Her converse were replaced by fancy shoes, and her backpack was nowhere in sight.

The second she got up, two women walked into the room. They didn't speak to her, but judging by their outfits she understood that they were both maids. Angelina smiled at them shyly, "morning."

Another woman walked in behind them, she was wearing something different from the maids, "miss, these ladies were sent to you by the high king himself to be your personal maids, they will dress you, wash you, and prepare you for everything."

Angelina shook her head, "that won't be necessary, I can dress myself and certainly wash myself!"

The lady smirked, "I am afraid it is most necessary, you are a royal guest and you should be treated as such." Looking down at the dress on the chair, the lady frowned, "Clarissa, bring a bigger size please," she addressed one of the maids and left the room.

Angelina knitted her eyebrows together, however unpleasant the woman was, she could not protest against her wishes. Putting her hands up in a "I give up" motion, Angelina walked up to the maid who was left in the room. The other maid, Clarissa brought in another dress, and they took off Angelina's night dress.

Putting on her every day clothes seemed to be more of a chore than ever. The ladies tied the strings around her torso as tighter as they could until she couldn't breathe. The second she put on the dress, Angelina wished she was back in her jeans, or at least that she would be skinnier to not struggle in this dress. Wobbling her way around the room, she looked at the maids confused, "are you serious, I can't even walk in this thing!"

"You will learn miss," they giggled kindly, enjoying her humor. She was not gonna get along with the lady who sent them, but at least she was getting along with her maids.

A loud bell sounded, sending all her scattered thoughts flying through the air. "Breakfast!" Someone screamed lifting her up to her feet from the chair she cherished her time in. With a sound of a thousand cries a phoenix flew into her window, dropping a piece of paper. although scared, she picked the note up and read it. Angelina had never seen a phoenix before, only read about them in books and occasionally saw them in movies. They were quite different from the fire birds portrayed on television. "I know why you are here, we need to talk," the note read. The handwriting of the stranger who wrote this paper was exquisite and caught her eye immediately. The detail the person added to each letter. Dazzled by the mysterious note and not knowing who sent it, made her more curios about this place. It made her ask plenty of questions. Who could possibly know her purpose here? If they truly know it, did they send her here in the first place?