Prologue

There was a prophecy a long time ago,

that spoke of a girl who was meant to defeat snow,

not even the kings and queens of old know,

of the story  foretold at Aslan's how.

War was pointless, and no one knew that better than the four Pevensie children. Ever since they could remember, their life was turned upside down by war. Still, through such unfortunate circumstances, they managed to stay together and become the kings and queens of an unthinkable magical land called Narnia. Now, war was tearing their kingdom apart bit by bit once again.

The handsome and bold King Peter, the oldest of the Pevensies, was torn by what matters to take into his hands. His sister Susan, who was the second oldest, tried to comfort him and advise him on how to better handle the war which was at hand. Of course, she wouldn't go by without comfort herself, and that comfort was delivered to her by Lucy, the youngest Pevensie child. The absent minded Edmund was nowhere to be found among the siblings, Peter guessed he'd be in the Library like always and none of them wanted to bother him. His sharpness and wit forced him to bury himself in hundreds of books in search for an answer. Edmund stuffed his nose into every single one until he found at least something that could help their current situation. To his dismay he was no where close to finding a solution.

He read about monsters and their weak spots, about sea serpents, but none of the books contained the right answer on how to fight shadows. If only Aslan would be there with him, the Lion would surely know what to do. Edmund breathed out in disappointment and dropped yet another book to the ground without satisfaction. He sat down at a lounge chair in the library, stretching out his long legs. His black boots almost reached the sun rays that were playing on the marble floor of the library. While he was thinking, they carelessly danced and enjoyed a hot summer day. His fingers reached up to his mouth and he bit his pointer partially, his lips forming into a confused frown.

Feeling miserable about failing to find anything, Edmund shifted off the chair to the library desk. Pushing off the books that were piled on it, Edmund set his hands on each side of the table. From the corner of his eye he caught a glimpse of a very strange book, one he had not seen before. As if it appeared out of nowhere while he was distracted with sulking. Slowly picking it up, he brushed the dust off of it.

"The book of Narnia?" He read aloud, questioning the title.

The first pages contained a detailed description of how Narnia was created, and then his story, as well as his siblings. The drawings provided for the text were strange and looked very old to him. Scrolling through the pages, he wondered why he was reading the book in the first place, and then he got his answer. The book scrolled as far as the day he was present in. Edmund furrowed his eyebrows looking at a picture of him in the book, confused and reading that very same book in that very same library. If it was the book of prophecies like someone told him once when he was young, he was curious to find out about Narnia's future.

As he flipped through the book further he found that one of the pages had a drawing of a girl, she did not look like she belonged in Narnia, or even his time for that matter. Under that picture was a caption: the keeper of light arrives in Narnia.

Edmund laughed to himself, how silly this girl looked, but upon reading further he discovered that she was his answer all along. This strange girl was destined to save Narnia and it was just a matter of time when she would show up. Edmund couldn't stop reading after that, until he got to the blank pages where whatever magic the book was under wouldn't let him read beyond that.

Lifting his brown eyes off the yellowed pages, Edmund looked out into the Narnian nature in the library window, the nature that was threatened by whatever evil was lurking around every corner.

While Edmund found his answer another solution hit Peter with a letter from the minister of foreign affairs. The Eastern Kingdom Arindell was offering their princess Johanna into marriage to unite Cair Paravel and Arindell to fight together against the shadow powers. Peter knew he couldn't marry anyone, he was far too busy for that, but his brother Edmund would be the perfect fit. Quickly writing a letter back to the kingdom of Arindell, Peter promised the princess Johanna into the hand and marriage of his brother. Before he could pass the letter into the hands of one of his knights, the doors opened to the great hall and two ladies walked in, followed by two other soldiers.

The announcer walked up to Peter and said, "your majesty, may I present lady Johanna and her lady in waiting, Corrine."

They bowed down to him, and Peter picked Johanna up by the hand, "I was just about to let your parents know in my letter that you are promised to my brother Edmund, you are to be married soon-"

"Your majesty," Johanna interrupted him, "the shadows attacked our palace, my lady in waiting and I are the only survivors with some of my father's royal knights. My parents-" her lip quivered, "they are dead."

"I am so sorry," Peter furrowed his eyebrows, "I am sure Cair Paravel will be a good shelter for you."

She cried out, "I am ruined your majesty, with no title no one will want me as their wife."

"I am sure my brother still will," Peter said as the doors opened once again as if his words were prophecy.

"There is the man himself," Peter said as he watched Edmund walk in with an innocent and unknowing expression on his face.

Edmund furrowed his eyebrows and quickened his pace, "Peter?"

Peter grabbed his brother by the arm with a tight grip, "Edmund, let me introduce you to Johanna, a marvelous young woman from the eastern Kingdom."

Johanna bowed down and Edmund did so as well. He tried not to make too much eye contact, but he noticed that Johanna's eyes were always on him. A bit confused when his brother made remarks of them having to get to know each other, Edmund excused himself and Peter and lead him aside.

"Peter, what is the meaning of this?" He folded his hands in front of his chest.

Peter sighed, "that wonderful young lady is to be your wife-"

Before Peter could finish his sentence, Edmund shook his head, "and how come I have no say in my own future?"

"Edmund, it is for the good of Narnia. My initial plan was to marry into the eastern kingdom, but it has already been destroyed by the witch and her army!" Peter tried to bargain with Edmund, but he would have none of it. "It will stop the war, your union will make a mark!"

Before he could walk off in anger, Edmund turned around, "the keeper of light will stop the war," Edmund put the book of prophecies into Peter's open hands.