Chapter 29. Remembering Narnia

She couldn't avoid the professor anymore, knowing that he was a key part of her confusion. Her mind still understood something, whatever it was, she just had to remember what it understood. Jumping to conclusions was the story of her life, so Angelina knew she needed help. What better help was there than a simple walk through London, talking to herself and figuring out her next move. Perhaps her conscience would make another visit. She couldn't answer the question as to why her conscience took the form of an old man, but she would ask it the second she saw him.

Nothing caught her attention, not even the marvelous London Eye. She walked down the tourist familiar streets to make herself feel at peace, but none came. Her heart was racing for some strange reason and she didn't understand why. Her mind however, it kept going back to the strange name; Narnia.

As she was walking she felt a cold presence behind her. It was strange because as rainy as it always was in London, today was a sunny day and she felt hot almost a few seconds ago. Angelina turned around to see who was behind her when she came eye to eye with a strange woman. Her hair was as white as snow and eyes as blue as ice. In fact her entire presence made Angelina think of cold and ice. The woman stared at her intensely as if trying to look into the girls soul. Angelina turned around, her heart rate increasing from the proximity of the woman. So, she decided to take her mind off the strange woman who seemed to be out to get her.

Angelina tried very hard to understand what Narnia meant, perhaps if she asked the professor more about it, she would understand. Whatever it was, she knew it to be important. As if by some strange magical force, Angelina saw the professor crossing the street. This was her chance if she wanted to find out more about Narnia.

Quickly catching up to him, she noticed that the professor entered a house which looked very abandoned. It's as if an old man lived there with no love for flowers or any other type of plants. She looked at the house and how sinister and lonely it looked and debated whether she should knock on the door. Finally taking her fear into her hands and straightening her back, Angelina rang the door bell.

She could hear someone shuffling in the house and a groan, "if this is a telemarketer, I have nothing I want to buy, so go away!"

"Professor Pevensie. It's me, Angelina...I helped you sort your office out?" She almost asked trying to make him remember who she was.

The door cracked opened and the old man eyed her, "what are you doing here?"

"I wanted to ask you a couple of questions." She gulped afraid that he might scold her for some reason. In a way, she respected the professor, he had lived through war.

"What about?" He opened the door wider and offered for her to come in.

Down the long hallway there was a huge room with a single fireplace and shelves of old books. All of them were about history, since he was a history professor. Next to the fireplace were two huge chairs and a small table for tea. She could see that the professor was probably drinking tea before she rang his doorbell.

"I wanted to ask you about Narnia." She stood in the middle of the room, awkwardly.

The professor rolled his eyes and sat down on one of the chairs, "why so interested in Narnia? I told you it's a stupid story I made up as a kid."

"It's not! I feel like I've been there. All these places you wrote about, all these people. It's like I know it. I know Narnia." Angelina tried to make him understand.

"You know Narnia? You can't possibly." The professor picked up his cup of tea and sipped it slowly, "tell you what, I'll answer your questions and then you will understand that you can't know Narnia."