Chapter 14. Aslan, The Lion

Out of nowhere, the roar came again

Out of nowhere, the roar came again. Turning away from the trolls, Angelina looked at a cliff that was in front of her. Behold, a lion stood there with the sky as bright as morning behind him. The lion roared again and the trolls scattered, afraid for their own lives. They pointed at him in terror and the troll who was holding her, dropped Angelina to the ground. She humphed as she looked back up at the Lion, she couldn't take her eyes away.

There was one in a million chances that this lion in the wild was actually the great king Aslan of Narnia. Angelina herself feared being faced with the lion. He jumped off the cliff and walked up closer to her. His pace was slow and didn't exhume any danger. She looked into his eyes filled with kindness and compassion, she realized that this lion had no intention of hurting her. Something so majestic, and intimidating, Aslan was a mystery to her. His mane flowed down the sides with the motion he walked in. His paws fell soft to the ground and grass grew on every naked piece of land he stepped on, the land destroyed by evil. Aslan was the creator of Narnia, and it bent to his will.

"Why have you come, my child?" The lion asked with a voice of a thousand whispers as if He was speaking in her head. She heard the wind again the second He spoke.

"I came here for you!" Angelina found the strength in her voice to speak. 

The lion walked around in circles and then said, "I know for whom you have come, now tell me why?" 

"I think you already know if you are Aslan the Great. I came here in search of my destiny." Angelina bowed down in front of him. 

"I am what I am. Arise, child," He stretched his paw and put it on her shoulder, breathing on her as she stood up. "So, you are the warrior? The one who will keep the light in her. I was expecting you." Aslan smiled and started slowly walking deeper into the woods. "You have grown much since the last day I saw you."

"But the trolls? And you knew me before?" Angelina was skeptical about following him. 

"They shall not hurt us anymore. Yes, I knew all of you. The Pevensies, Caspian, you. I asked someone to look out for you, visiting you from time to time." Aslan turned around and gave her a reassuring smile, "I can see now, he did a very good job."

He led her to a cave made of pure gold and diamonds, a cave that reflected all of the lights. It was the breath of Aslan that opened the gate to the cave. The cave itself was not dark like your usual cave, on the contrary, it was filled with brilliant light. She was almost blinded when she came in, and the lion followed. He seemed to absorb the light as He came in contact with it. Angelina closed her eyes unable to see in the cave, and Aslan put His paw on her eyes. When she opened her eyes she could see inside, as if she was allowed to see inside by some force inside of her.

"What is my purpose?" She turned around and asked the Lion.

Aslan sat down on his throne and looked at her, "so eager to find out, so passionate. Patience is key, child."