Chapter 36. Coming To Terms With The Kill

Waking up to someone's soft fingers brushing the hair off her face, she decided not to open her eyes just yet. The king whose lap her head was on touched her red cheek as if reminding himself of the soft kisses he wanted to place on it nearly seven fourteen days ago. It was a strange, but familiar feeling to him. Of course, he quickly discarded his imagination and thoughts that dared to go into dark places he didn't want to. Forgetting her, he also forgot that he conquered his fear of love. So, he shook his head as if reminding himself that in his mind there was no possibility to love someone, especially her. Edmund let his hand fall to her hair, just to get it as further away from her red cheek as he could. He didn't have to try any harder since she woke up and looked at him with wide eyes.

"Good morning," he smiled weakly hoping that she would not ask any questions or demand an explanation.

To his relief she didn't, she just stood up and looked at the shining sun which was waking up the whole country of Narnia. It's strange how a whole universe can exist in a small wardrobe or a painting and have a sun, a thing that only the real world had theoretically.

"We need to find Pete and tell him about the killer." Edmund stood up from the ground.

 Just as the king was about to take her hand to lead her out of the library, the door opened and someone walked in making him take out his sword to protect the both of them.

Angelina didn't recognize the silhouette at first, but when the old man turned around her eyes went wide from the shock.

"I know you! You're the guard in the library in England!" She recognized him as the old man who screamed at her for being in the library at late hours.

"So I see you finally came to Narnia. Did you enjoy the book?" The old man smiled widely.

Angelina thought for a minute, "book?"

"The book king Edmund read." The old man pointed at the king who was protecting her with his sword.

"The prophecy of Narnia?" Edmund asked, now interested in the old librarian.

"That's the one! See you two didn't know it yet, but Aslan had everything planned, he even asked me to help. Of course how could I refuse the great Lion. King Edmund was the first to know about the destiny of the keeper of light. Then he would meet the keeper of light." The old man started rambling.

"I don't really know the keeper of light as well as you think. I don't know much of her destiny, at least I don't think." Edmund corrected the man.

The old man stopped and turned around slowly, "how can you not know the keeper of light," he looked over at Angelina and noticed the change in Edmund's eyes. "Oh no, don't tell me you have forgotten."

There was a sense of sorrow in the man's tone. He felt as if he failed at something he was supposed to do. "Oh you have to remember! The destiny of Narnia depends on it, your destiny depends on it. Hers too!" He pointed at Angelina.

"I'm so tired of everyone telling me that there is something I need to remember!" Edmund put down his sword and stormed out of the room taking one last look at Angelina before leaving. He sought some sort of support from her, but she didn't say anything.

"Don't tell me you have forgotten him as well." The old man put the books he was carrying in his hand on a table.

Angelina walked up to him, "no I have not. You gave me the book didn't you. How did Aslan know that I was the keeper of light."

"Oh, even before you were born he looked at you and knew that only you could save Narnia. Save Edmund." The old man didn't turn to her, he started staking books that were on the ground on the table.