Chapter 23. Nightmares

"Land Ho!"

"Land Ho!"

Caspian heard one of his crew members scream from the distance. Picking up his telescope he quickly looked into the direction the sailor was looking. His eyes did not deceive him, there was in fact land ahead of them. Swiftly, the Telmarin king called his king and best friend, Edmund, to see the land for himself.

"I didn't expect us to be here so fast, Ed," Caspian confessed passing the telescope to Edmund.

The young king looked through the device, a smile growing on his face. "Well, now we can finally help the army."

Susan and Angelina joined them as they both looked out into the distance. Susan Pevensie was a bit worried, she didn't like how fast everything was moving. Angelina leaned out to look at the waters that seemed to be screaming for them to turn back around. She too did not feel comfortable with land being this close.

"We will arrive there in no time, perhaps even early tomorrow morning." Caspian was excited.

Edmund turned his gaze to his sister and then Angelina, both seemed to be bothered with something. "What's wrong?" He whispered to Angelina.

"It's just all weird, a battle awaits us right there just a few hours away." She was still getting used to the feeling of worry in her gut.

He tried to comfort her, "it's going to be okay."

His simplicity did not give her comfort, she wanted results and she wanted them as fast as possible. Angelina started thinking about home again, memories of her mother surfaced. "You can't say everything will be fine when you might die." She naturally intertwined her fingers with his, feeling the warms of his hands.

"I am the best swordsman in Narnia, I highly doubt that." Edmund tried to hide his fear and mask it with confidence. The truth was, he too feared for his life. The powers of the white witch were strong, even when she was dead. There was also something else he knew, something that was prophesied by the great book of Narnia.

"Alright, let's all eat some supper and discuss our further plans." Susan was the one distracting everyone from the land they wanted to see through the telescope.

"Splendid idea!" Caspian agreed and grabbed Angelina by the arm, "would you allow me to escort you to the dining area?"

Edmund raised his eyebrows and rolled his eyes, "I guess I'll have to accompany my sister then."

"Sorry, Ed," Caspian teased.

Angelina smiled at Edmund and then turned to Caspian, "it would be a pleasure."

Susan shook her head and took her brother by the arm as he watched Caspian depart with Angelina on his arm. Guessing exactly that her brother was a bit jealous, Susan smirked to herself. Her little brother Edmund, liking a girl, this was something not completely new, but good to witness. She had hoped that he moved on from his life in London and how his heart broke for the first time.