Chapter 39. Remember Me When You See Me

"Aslan." Edmund smiled seeing the Lion for the first time in a very long time.

The Lion bowed down extending his paw to the king of justice whom he named himself. To Aslan, Edmund was still the boy who he died for. Nothing had changed about his brown hair and pale features to the mighty Aslan of Narnia.

"My dear Edmund, the boy who knows the price of justice." Aslan smiled.

He guessed why Edmund came, figured that it was because he wanted to remember and only the mighty Lion could lift up a curse thrown at him by the white witch.

"Are you ready to remember Edmund?" The Lion asked, looking at the letter in the boys hand.

Running his eyes through it he looked at the Lion, "I am."

"Very well then, Edmund of Narnia. Remember my child, and never forget." The Lion breathed on him and instantly Edmund felt something lifted off his soul, he felt free again, as if he wasn't trapped by his own head and mind.

Memories made their way into his head like billions of waves crashing on the shores of his mind. He remembered the first time he felt his heart skip for her, the day they danced in the rain. The first time he kissed her, the second time he kissed her, and how he continued kissing her as if it was their last moment together before the war. The battlefield and how she fell onto the grass sending his mind into oblivion and worry for her life. The last memory he had was holding her hand, praying that she's not dead. He remembered everything. He remembered that he was in love with her.

"Angelina," he whispered and opened his eyes. Aslan was gone without even a trace of the Lion ever being there. Still, Edmund knew that it was only because of Him he could remember. His presence lingered for a while near Edmund's soul, and then left the boy to run down the steps of the castle in search of the woman he loved. Sprinting down the long halls of the third floor of the castle, where all the royalties lived, Edmund started remembering every step he took when she was by his side in these very halls. Wondering where she would be at such an hour, Edmund slowed down and made his way to the library, a place where even he would go once he was distressed. He felt horrible for making her feel rejected only a few hours ago.

Like always, he found her in the library, stopping in awe of her sitting on the settee contemplating her life. He could tell that she was unhappy and wanted to do nothing but wrap his arms around her and tell her she was going to be alright. He slowly approached, his eyes running around the room, palms sweaty like he had never seen her before this moment. Putting his hands in his pocket, he let himself be known by standing right in front of her.

She shifted upon seeing him, putting on her best fake smile for him. Not yet knowing that he remembers her, she thought that he wouldn't be concerned with her tears and the need for his presence. She didn't want to leave, she didn't want to marry Nicolas.

"Why are you crying?" Edmund furrowed his eyebrows and sat down next to her, taking his hand out of his pocket and letting it rest on her shoulder.

Angelina couldn't think of a good excuse, "of course, I am forced to marry someone I don't love, and someone I do- well it's a story for another day!"

Smiling to himself he looked at her, "you love someone else?"

She didn't want to cause him any confusion, he was already lost in his own memory, she didn't want to add more chaos to his already chaotic mind, "no, I am happy with what I have."

"You're not happy. You can't be happy. If you truly are, well then that will break my already shattered heart." He averted his eyes from her and turned them to the many shelves of books in front of them. The cold of the air that got inside through the window reached his bones and he wanted her to warm him.