Chapter 4. Garden Secrets

Dreams are quite strange

Dreams are quite strange. They cannot be explained, yet they are stories nonetheless. The second Edmund's cold hand touched hers and lead her after him, she realized this was turning into less of a dream and more of a reality. There was no way she could acknowledge that his hand felt cold to her if she was in a dream, logical thinking simply ceases in dreams. She quietly followed him and watched as his sharp jawline turned from left to right, making sure that no one in the garden was following them.

Edmund led her to a tall tree that stood next to a white bench made out of marble. The bench looked lonely, although it was completed by the mighty tree stealing a little of it away with its roots.

Leaning down on his knees, Edmund took something from underneath the bench. It was an old book, the same one she found in the library. This one even had the same title on it, even though it was fading out with time.

"This is the book of Narnia," he explained, opening it up for her, "I found it about a year ago in the library."

Angelina took it and looked at the colored pages. Every page had a story to tell, but one page had a special story; her story. It said that a girl with the touch of light would come to save Narnia from the big war. It said that her appearance will be mysterious and that she would come through the same caves the Pevensies once did. She will inflict fear into the hearts of enemies with Justice, but she will be Mercy. It was an obscure explanation and she didn't understand a lot of things, like why were some words capitalized.

The picture that was drawn on the page looked exactly like her. Angelina didn't understand how she could have possibly be written into a book, her life, and how she appeared out of nowhere on a Narnian beach. She scrolled through the pages of her life until she came to one that was torn out.

"Where is the second page?" Angelina turned to Edmund with big eyes and desperation. 

He was silent for a second, not sure of what to tell her, and then spoke, "I don't know."  She could tell by his tone that he was lying to her, but she didn't know for what purpose.

"Where did you find it, how did you find it?" She started asking a billion questions that were on her mind, her life was at stake here, and so was her destiny. 

"I don't know. Look, the bottom line is that you are here and you can save us," Edmund gave her a heartwarming smile, trying to encourage her, but it did not work. 

"No! I can't save anyone. I am not some kind of hero, I am just a girl. I did not sign up for this." Angelina put down the book and started panicking, what did he expect from her? His brother probably expected the same, and the whole kingdom of Cair Paravel! She paced around, trying to make sense of it all in her head.

"And I am just a boy, yet I am a king. So is my brother, and my sisters are queens. We're all just people trying to do our best for good. None of us signed up for this, it was just something that was meant to happen. It's just destiny. Like war," Edmund paused for a second and then sat down on the bench, motioning her to do the same.