Chapter 6. The Witch's Curse

When they came back to the garden doors which lead to the castle, Angelina took his cloak off her shoulders and gave it back to him

When they came back to the garden doors which lead to the castle, Angelina took his cloak off her shoulders and gave it back to him. He threw it around from side to side to get rid of the raindrops, which ended up landing on her face. Scrunching her nose, she laughed a little. Edmund looked up at her wet face from his chore and gasped, then he noticed how she was laughing and his own features softened. Reaching his hand up to her cheek to rid it of unnecessary raindrops, Edmund let it linger, "sorry about that." His fingers felt cold, but it was a comforting kind of cold since her cheeks grew hot.

"It's quite alright, I enjoy the rain," she looked directly at him, a bit lost in the moment herself.

Edmund smirked, "I've noticed that."

Taking his hand away, he motioned her to the castle door and quickly raced past her to open the door. She blamed his care on chivalry and how he was raised, he couldn't possibly be interested in her beyond simple kind intentions. He walked in behind her and before the guards could take his cloak, Peter raced towards them with the rest of the party, "Edmund, thank God you found Angelina, where were you two for so long?"

"We-tried to find the book," Edmund said the first thing that came to his mind. He gave Angelina a smile and made his way up the stairs into his room. 

"Dinner will be served soon, you must be starving." Peter ignored his brother's behavior and addressed Angelina. 

She watched Edmund go up the stairs at a very slow pace. "Yes, a bit." 

"Good, come with me then, you should warm up by the fire before you go and change out of your wet clothes." Peter extended his hand and Angelina gladly accepted it. 

"Could I possibly wear my own clothes this time? Not to say that the dress is uncomfortable, I am just used to jeans and a T-shirt?" She asked him and Peter sighed and nodded, agreeing with her.

Peter was a nice young man, he possessed all the qualities that a said king should have. If Angelina knew him any better she would say that he was valiant and calm, but at the same time, his stare could send you to the grave. To her, he was like a breath of fresh air since he was the only one who wasn't confusing to her.

They all seemed to be at least a bit stressed out from the rain, she didn't know why exactly but she didn't want to ask them just yet. Instead, Angelina patiently sat down on the chair next to the dining table and watched everyone talk. She realized that they don't have modern medicine and it would be much easier to catch a cold and die.

Angelina made her way up to her room and changed into her normal dry clothes. Realizing how much she missed the comfort of jeans, she slouched down to the ground and sat on the cold marble floor. The bell rang again, telling her that it was time for dinner and she went downstairs.

Soon enough she missed Edmund's presence, he was the only one who kept her a bit entertained. Catching that thought, she denied it and stood up, walking around the room. She didn't need his company, especially after the weird situation they were in. He was too strange for her to understand, so she decided to leave him as the last to understand. The rest of the royal guests including the hosts continued talking about things Angelina would not be interested in. They mentioned plagues that people brought in from the real world into Narnia. She was still confused with this place, even though she started to believe that it wasn't a dream but a reality.