Chapter 10. Love Struck

Philip took them to a small stream that flowed down to the big sea on the side of Cair Paravel, as further away from the forest as possible

Philip took them to a small stream that flowed down to the big sea on the side of Cair Paravel, as further away from the forest as possible. When he stopped, Angelina admired the view that was provided from on top of the horse. the big and beautiful world of Narnia, some of it untouched by the human hand. She felt Edmund get down and followed his lead. He rolled up the sleeves of his white shirt and put the reins on the side of Philip. He wanted to help her get off after him, so he stretched his hand out for her to grab. She took him by the shoulders, but her feet slipped from the stirrup and she slammed into his body with a scream pinning him to the ground. 

"Oh my goodness I am so sorry, that's why I prefer converse over these shoes!" She quickly jumped off of him. His nose seemed more scrunched up and a double chin formed as he laughed. Nevertheless, his smile covered half of his face, his cheeks forming smile marks up to his ears.

"It's alright love, no harm done," Edmund said, his brown eyes staring her blue ones down. Both of their pupils dilated. His grin turned into a simple sweet smile. He pulled himself up a bit, and his body was propped up on his elbows, he looked at Philip.

"Let's see how you will enjoy sitting on that horse alone, shall we?" He got up with her hand in his, pulling her up with him. 

"I don't think I'm ready-" she took another look at Philip who was peacefully eating grass. 

Edmund put his hands together and laughed, "Isn't this what we came here for, to teach you how to ride a horse so you can be ready? On the horse now." 

His commanding, yet sarcastic voice made her feel frustrated and at the same time excited, but she was going to have her revenge on him one day. There were sides of Edmund that she was only starting to unravel now. Obediently, she got on the horse and waited for him to make his first move.

"Good girl, now ride!" Edmund smirked, crossing his arms in front of his chest. 

She motioned the horse and Philip started to quickly move around. When it was time to slow him down, Edmund raised his hand and Angelina tried to do the best she could to command the horse to do as she said. They spent somewhat close to two hours riding Philip. Edmund taught her new tricks and showed her the horse's weak spots, which Philip was not pleased with on behalf of all horses. The sun was almost setting down and it was time to go back to Cair Paravel so no trolls could catch them in the night. 

Angelina sat down on the ground looking at the yellow sun that was the only flashlight protecting them from danger. She thought of her mother and how she must be worried for her. She also thought of school and how she was missing the most boring classes. Life was so much simpler in Narnia, yet she had to prepare herself for wars and all kinds of dangers.

Being lost in her thoughts of home, she didn't notice as Edmund sat down beside her taking a dandelion from the grass and blowing it into her face.