Chapter 30. Beautiful Heart

Edmund ran down the steps of Cair Paravel. He was in a rush to see his brother for he finally thought he had a way to save Narnia. His goals have not changed even though his memory faded. Quickly he ran into the throne room and practically fell in front of his brother.

"Ed, are you alright?" Peter asked, startled that his brother made such a scene.

Edmund took a moment to catch his breath, "Pete, I think I found it! I found another way to save Narnia."

Peter already knew what the young man was talking about. It had been a week since Angelina fell asleep and Edmund has been doing nothing but look for a new way to save Narnia. He didn't think twice about her condition even though he did care like a friend, sadly Edmund forgot that he cared a lot more than a friend. Peter, however, tried to do anything in his power to make Edmund remember. He acknowledge that it was cruel of him to separate them. Peter had a theory that it was the white witch who put some sort of spell on Edmund, but what would be the purpose of having him forget her? It wasn't like her destiny depended on whether they were friends.

"Edmund, Angelina will wake up, she will fulfill the prophecy don't worry. You yourself tried to convince me of that when she first arrived." Peter smiled at his brother whose eyes went wide as he talked about his new discovery.

Edmund shook his head, "yes, but what if the keeper of light doesn't wake up!?"

"You never call her by name anymore, why is that?" Peter asked his brother wondering what might have happened for Edmund to forget someone he was such close friends with.

He thought for a moment, "I don't really know, but it doesn't matter as much."

"Look, the bottom line is, she will wake up and she will fulfill the prophecy. How much do you not remember?" Peter asked his brother.

"I remember things, I just don't remember her very well." Edmund looked down at the ground.

Peter put his hand on his brother's shoulder, "do you remember that you are the one who brought her back to the castle and saved her from the trolls?"

Again thinking a little, Edmund remembered, "very vaguely."

Into the room came Lucy, running through the room and pushing Edmund to the side, "Peter! She woke up! She woke up!"

Peter Pevensie ran out of the room with his sister. Instead of following them, Edmund felt strange. His mind wanted to go see the commotion, but his body kept him stationed in the throne room. Not even he understood why. So, he decided to go against this strange instinct that told him to stay away from the keeper of light and followed his brother. It was the first decision that he made, which Edmund felt was his own.

Angelina opened her eyes again and looked around the room to see if she is where she wanted to be. To her satisfaction the room she was in looked medieval so there was hope that she was back in Narnia. Her dream ran through her head and she remembered the old professor Pevensie who looked so lonely and sad. It almost made her feel a melancholy atmosphere around her until she saw the face of Susan Pevensie. The young girl smiled warmly and offered Angelina her hand to stand up.

"Welcome back," Susan hugged her tightly.

"How long was I out?" Angelina asked as the rest of the Pevensies burst into the room.

Lucy quickly ran up to her and embraced her after Susan. Peter smiled and took her hand in his to kiss it. Edmund stood in the doorway looking at the whole scene, not sure if he wanted to approach the strange girl he recognized as the keeper of light.

"Lucy! Peter! Susan! And Edmund." Angelina looked at each of the Pevensies and stopped on Edmund. His expression was foreign to her and she didn't understand the look in his eyes. She was quickly distracted by Caspian who walked in with Johanna and Corrine.