Chapter 5. The Book Of Narnia

Peter walked in first with Angelina not far behind

Peter walked in first with Angelina not far behind. Then followed Caspian with Corrine. She followed Caspian and Peter who were on their way to the main dining room with Corrine. They all walked in joyfully, ready to discuss any topic that anyone would bring up. Angelina sat near the fireplace, watching the flames rise and fall in a strange motion.

When the flames no longer amused her she sat down at the table trying to join Peter's conversation with Caspian. Stroking her hair, Angelina decided to start the topic first, finding no way she could intervene in a topic about which sword was better. "I would really go for a cup of black tea after that cold walk." She half laughed. 

"Oh yes!" Corrine agreed with her, "Caspian, would you be so kind as to brew us some tea?" She smiled at the king flirtatiously. 

He walked up to a pot that was placed on a book table. "My lady, it would be a pleasure." He giggled and picked it up.

"I guess I will be making you tea then," Peter stood up addressing Angelina. He didn't mind at all, it was a pleasure to be making tea for such a lovely young lady, he got up with Caspian and both of the kings bowed to the ladies.

Corrine looked into the mirror that was in the dining room and started fixing her hair. She noticed that Angelina's hair was not up in some extravagant braid. Walking up to the strange new girl she smiled. Angelina didn't expect Corrine to sit her down on a chair and start braiding her hair, but she figured it was a custom thing to do in those times.

"Your hair is a mess," Corrine laughed out, "how do you expect to attract any of the lovely kings if your hair is a mess?"

Angelina choked at the thought, "oh no, I am not here for that! Just here to figure out my destiny."

Corrine rolled her eyes, "as if I didn't see you stealing glances from King Peter, he is the most important here, you know how to play these complicated court games, even though you are not from our world."

"Oh, he sure is a catch, but not for me," Angelina tried to avoid that topic, understanding now that both Corrine and Johanna were there for the hope of getting engaged to one of the three kings.

Corrine smiled and tied the braid tighter, "not all of us are as lucky as Johanna but don't give up, I never did!"

Not sure what Corrine was referring to, Angelina decided to make sure, "what do you mean not all of us are as lucky as Johanna?"

"Well, she was promised to King Edmund, but that is probably because she is royalty herself, you and I don't have a title. They will probably find some lords for us, wealthy lords." Corrine explained. She was done with braiding Angelina's hair and put it to the side.

Standing up, Angelina thanked her and smiled. She excused herself and went down the castle halls, worrying that she would just be married off to someone, that it was the end of her destiny. Remembering that the strange book she found had a different story about her, she decided to slip outside and try to find the bench and tree where Edmund hid the book.