Chapter 47. The Door To Another World

It could only be opened with one thing, Aslan's light. The door to the other worlds was only controlled by the Lion and His light. In this case, only Angelina could open the door and she didn't even know about it. However, Johanna did. She did quite a bit of research just for this purpose. Her plan was all working for the victory of the witch, and this time she had Nicolas on her side. The prince of the Telmarines.

As she scrolled through the pages of books on magic, she stopped on page number 50. It spoke of the tree which was the portal to the other worlds, a tree that Aslan himself made. Of course, she would need to possess his light, which she didn't. Johanna had much more than that though, she had the innocence of the keeper of light, and even though Angelina didn't like her, her sweetness forbade her from doing any harm to anyone. Johanna figured she could somehow manipulate her. Even she was surprised by how far into the dark magic her heart has come, and there was no turning back, not anymore.

"The portal to another world," Johanna spoke, "it's in a tree Aslan made."

"Last time I checked," Nicolas crawled out from a stack of books which were on the floor, " Aslan made every single bloody tree in this world."

Johanna sighed in frustration with Nicolas' lack of faith, "there has to be a tree that's different from the others. The one that can send one back to another world, back where they came from."

He didn't want to tell her that the silver was growing stronger and stronger on her face with every angry comment she made. Nicolas noticed that the darkness was overtaking her soul, but it was not beneficial for him to inform her of that. "Maybe you can use your powers to locate it?" A part of him knew that it would be critical for her to use magic so many times in one day, she had to cover up her face with it, then open the library door and then locate the book. Every magic has a limit in the hands of a mortal.

"I don't want to overuse my powers." Johanna tried to ignore him.

Nicolas walked up closer to her, "Johann, you were given this power, you can't go wrong with it. You were born to be the keeper of darkness. Now stop being a coward and embrace your true self." Truth be told Johanna missed the innocent girl she once was, it was blind infatuation that brought her this far and blind infatuation would lead her to her fall. She had no skill in identifying the cowardice of men and the weakness of women. All Johanna knew was what she was taught by her parents, which was marriage. Upon not getting what she felt like she deserves by birthright, she decided to take it back by any means possible. Even if she did have to kill the keeper of light.

"I am not a coward! I made you strong. I am the strength that keeps you powerful!" She screamed at him.

Nicolas smirked, "then act like it."

He was a heartless man, he was taught to be so. For only heartless men walk out of war unharmed. Not that he had an excuse to be this way, except for the fear of falling in love with someone and serving them in everything. Nicolas was incapable of that, how could a prince of an entire nation serve a woman who claims to be his queen. His heart was not open to serving humbly, only serving himself in all the false glory.

Listening to him, Johanna called out her magic as darkness started to escape her body. The darkness led them outside covered with a protection spell so no mortal could see it. No mortal but one. Narnia suddenly fell into night, as Johanna covered the sun, but no one saw it.

Angelina could sense that something was wrong, something was different. Her hands seemed to grow colder and her vision darkened. She blinked a couple of times and looked out the window on the artificial looking Sun.

"What's wrong?" Lucy put her book down and looked at Angelina who as standing next to the window.

She leaned her head to the side, "it got strangely dark during the daytime."

"It's not dark silly!" Lucy skipped to her side and joined her in her view out the window.

"Yes it is, can't you see how dark it is!?" Angelina was surprised that Lucy couldn't see, if she didn't see the light of day a few seconds ago she would mistake the outside for night time.

"I only see the hot burning Sun." Lucy looked around the window and didn't show a sign of noticing anything unusual.

Just as they were debating the state outside, Edmund walked into the room with a strangely good mood. It was the first time in weeks he had actually slept well after the run with Aslan. He walked towards Lucy and Angelina to peer out the window while giving Lucy a pet on her head. "What kind of tricks are you up to now, Lu?"

"I am not up to any tricks! It's Angelina who thinks it's dark outside when the sun hasn't shone as brightly as today!" She was a bit frustrated that her brother suspected her in something mischievous when he was known for that.

"Alright Alright," he put his hands up in defense, "so, dark outside huh?"

"Lucy won't believe me!" Angelina exclaimed.

"Well I believe Angelina." Edmund crossed his hands.

She turned to him surprised, "you do?"

"Sure! It's also very light during the night time, it happens because of the moon, it's like this replacement for the sun at night, so it makes it light silly." Edmund teased returning to his childish self.

Angelina rolled her eyes, realizing that he was only treating her like a baby and didn't actually believe her. "You know what, you two have fun in your light." Angelina stormed out of the room.

Lucy burst out in laughter, remembering how her and Edmund used to trick their cousin Eustace into believing silly things. "Come on Angelina, we were only teasing!"

"Too much?" Edmund asked turning to his sister.

Lucy sighed, "well she's your girlfriend, you will have to deal with her."

He thought for a while, "she's not my girlfriend."

"But I thought you finally-"

"She's much more than that, Lucy." Edmund cut her off.

Smiling, Lucy put her hand on his shoulder, "so when are you finally going to marry her Ed?"

"Marry!?" he jumped up and walked away from his sister.

"Oh please like you haven't thought of that already!" Lucy rolled her eyes.

Edmund snapped, "I don't like it when you roll your eyes at me. I'm older."

"And I don't like it when you change the subject. Besides what happened with Isabella was a long time ago, it's about time you moved on." She sat down on a chair.

Edmund joined her, "I already have, a long time ago Lucy."

"What really happened, you promised you'd tell me one day!" she tugged on his arm.

"Do your really want to know?" he asked while seeing her enthusiastic nod, "Alright, I'll tell you."

Marching away from the room she was in with Lucy and Edmund, Angelina tried to orient herself around the dark castle, the darkness they didn't see. She tried to turn on the light inside of her, but it wouldn't escape her. Trying her hardest, she knelt down and put her hands up in the air. Suddenly, a gush of cold wind blew in through the window. It wasn't strong enough to freeze her, but it hurt her hands. Angelina pulled them down and grabbed them. The light was not coming out, and she was slowly losing her powers. Using all her strength, she raised her hands again, and this time the light came out, closing the window. She felt how blood oozed out of her nose form all the strength she put into her light. Shaking her head, Angelina closed her eyes. She wasn't sure what was going on with the light of Aslan inside of her, but it was like she was frozen and unable to do anything about it.

She felt every source of light in Narnia draining, and Aslan was pushed further and further away in her mind. The sun was also being destroyed, and she tried her hardest to light it up, fighting the dark magic that was working against her. Even though the Pevensies didn't believe her, she knew there was something wrong and only she could see it. When she saw nothing but darkness, they saw a normal day and weren't bothered by it. It drained her strength, trying to keep the light and control it inside of her. When her hands fell to the ground, she looked around, trying to find help in at least the walls of Cair Paravel. But there was no one. She was alone.