Chapter 16. A Letter To A King

Her mission now was to save Narnia, but how? Angelina was confused, she had not the slightest idea of how to save an entire city, not to mention an entire country

Her mission now was to save Narnia, but how? Angelina was confused, she had not the slightest idea of how to save an entire city, not to mention an entire country. She knew she needed help, Aslan's light was good, but how was she going to get to the battlefield, in order to save Narnia she would have to engage in battle. She couldn't even hold a sword steady in both her hands. By the looks of it, she was screwed, just like all of Narnia with her being the Keeper Of Light.

Walking down the halls of Cair Paravel, she found herself nearing the library. Knowing how good she was at finding books she needed with all the answers in them, Angelina slipped in quietly. 

Opening the door widely, she hit someone who fell flat on the floor. "Ouch!" The girl exclaimed. 

"Oh I am so terribly sorry!" Angelina grabbed her by the hand and pulled her to her feet. 

"It's quite alright. No harm done at all, perhaps a minor concussion, but nothing I can't deal with. What are you doing here?" The girl said sarcastically and asked. 

"I was just trying to find some interesting books to read, your majesty." Angelina realized who she almost killed with the door. 

"No need for formalities, to you I am just Susan. What exactly are you looking for, perhaps I could help?" Susan asked, eyeing the Angelina who was not dressed in a beautiful Narnian dress but the clothes she came in, which were jeans and a shirt with a zipped up sweatshirt. 

"Um, perhaps something on gardening?" She tried to hide her real reason. 

Susan raised her eyebrow, reading through her lies instantly. "No you're not, who would be looking for a boring book like that? Tell me the real reason you're here." Susan leaned in and smiled. Although she had not had a proper conversation with her, Susan knew of Angelina's ambitious spirit.

"Okay, I need to find a way to save Narnia. Since Peter already knows who I am, I am assuming you do too."  Angelina confessed. 

"You want to go out to war don't you?" Susan realized, ignoring Angelina's question. The young queen herself fancied battles over being locked up in a pretty castle with no action. The only action here was an occasional rumor or gossip. It was like Cair Paravel and the nobles who were there lived for slips of information that would turn into huge scandals. Although Susan would quite enjoy that life back in London, Narnia was much more than that to her. Her favorite place was becoming like her home, and she couldn't let that happen.

"Please don't tell anyone!" Angelina begged Edmund's sister. 

"I won't don't worry. In fact, I will help you get to the battlefield if you take me with you." Susan extended her hand to make a deal with the girl. 

Angelina didn't know if it was the right thing to do, but she wanted nothing more than to go to wherever the battle was so she could finally save Narnia. She extended her hand for Susan to shake and they had a deal. Susan explained to her that the next morning they would be on their way to the seas.