Chapter 21. Breakfast On The Dawn Treader

Her first thought when she woke up was how stupid she was that night

Her first thought when she woke up was how stupid she was that night. In one evening she managed to disrespect one of the kings of Narnia, and the other she hurt by trying to get as far away from him as possible. She didn't even understand why they denied it anymore, every glance from him sent electricity down her body and she was sure that her glances did the same to him. Nevertheless, there was a small chance that she was confused and misread all of his actions.

Still, she wanted to do things the right way, not wanting to end up like Anne Boleyn. She didn't know much about the woman, but all she needed to know was off with her head and that was enough motivation to stay away from a king. In her mind, she was doing both of them some good. However, in Edmund's mind, it was all different.

He woke up with a smirk on his face, taking his feet out of the hammock and standing up straight on the rocking ship. Edmund could not stop thinking of the events that took place the other night. Something changed in her, and he wasn't sure if it was good or bad yet, but he was going to find out once he confronts her. Putting on his sword in his belt, Edmund walked out of the cabin only to be met by Reepicheep.

"Good morning, your majesty." The mouse gave Edmund a long bow.

A smile covered his face, "you have my permission to stand up, Reepicheep."

"I am grateful, your majesty. What will you be doing today?" The mouse followed Edmund onto the deck.

"Perhaps explore the ship a bit more, I heard there are corners no man had ever stepped on because they are haunted!" Excitement glistened in the young king's eyes.

Reepicheep laughed, "the ship isn't that big sier."

Edmund took out his telescope and neared it to his face, blinking a couple of times to catch the unending sea on the other side of his device. There was no land to be seen and he was already getting seasick. Determination was strong in him, and without letting a negative thought in Edmund told himself that today was going to be a good day.

"Edmund!" Caspian's voice was heard in the distance.

He ran up to the young king and took the telescope from his hands, "no land huh?"

"I don't know what to do Caspian," Edmund hung his head.

"Cheer up. Breakfast is soon. Besides, we still need a rematch, are you ready to face me again your majesty?" Caspian instantly pulled out his sword.

Edmund did the same, engaging the Telmarine prince in a fight. The swung the swords around a couple of times, making the crew gather around them to witness the fight.

Walking out of the hall, Angelina rubbed her eyes and looked at the commotion. She joined Susan who was standing next to some of the crew members, smiling at Caspian who decided to challenge her brother, the best swordsman in all of Narnia.