Chapter 27. Dreams That Feel Like Reality

Waking up to the sound of her alarm, Angelina opened her eyes as if shocked. Her surroundings were familiar to her. Rubbing her eyes as if she just woke up from a bad dream, Angelina looked around the room. She was back home in London in the apartment her mother bought.

"Wake up Angelina, time to go to school." Her mother walked in, giving her a cup of her famous lemon extract that she always gave her in the morning. Her mother believed that lemons have very healthy elements to them, and they give energy in the morning. She hated the strange liquid, it was bitter and useless to her. Although, she would have to admit that drinking it made her mother feel better.

"Why do I have to drink this all the time?" she sipped the familiar drink and the taste of sour lemons filled her mouth.

Her mother sighed as always, "it helps." Her only explanation. The drink came with many promises of health, a concoction her mother was willing to try in order to save her child from the artificial world. Waking up to such a typical day made her forget of the strange nightmare she had.

Angelina shook her head, remembering her dream from the night before which felt so real to her. The land she couldn't remember the name of anymore, the strange Lion who gave her a light, and the boy who's eyes were deep brown. Him she could never forget.

Getting up from her bed and doing her daily routine, she packed her backpack and made her way to the school she hated going to. Same faces that she was never friends with. Some people waved to her, remembering her from art class or PE. Others just stared, still treating her as the new girl. As much as Angelina hated the school, she knew that she couldn't be open about it or the teachers would keep an extra eye on her. The last thing she wanted was some teacher stalking her. Her thoughts were scattered around her brain and she didn't notice as she walked into an old gentleman who's papers went flying everywhere.

"I am terribly sorry," she started picking them up without even looking at the man.

The old man knelt down and started doing the same thing she was, putting the papers into the files they belonged in, "it's quite alright."

His British accent didn't sound any different from the other teachers this school had, however his age made him stand out. Usually they didn't higher old teachers, something about the new generation getting a chance. The man gathered the rest of the papers up and Angelina handed him the one in her hands.

"Here you go sir." She tried to get on his good side after almost knocking him off his feet.

The man furrowed his eyebrows, "thanks." He took the paper out of her hands and stuffed it into the file with the rest of them. His brown eyes glistened in the sunlight and Angelina felt some kind of familiarity in them, although she would have to confess he looked like any other strange British gentleman.

"Well, are you going to stare at me all day or go to class?" The old man growled and Angelina moved out of his way. Of course, she understood why he was rude to her, he had every reason to be. But how could he? She tried her best to help him.

Ignoring any kind of hurt, she continued down her path to her classes. The kids were loud as always, talking about something major that happened this week like Jeremy confessing to Penny that he liked her and her laughing at him. Honestly, sometimes Angelina didn't understand how the kids at school could be this cruel. Then, she wondered about the vastness of the very world she lived in. It was impossible to understand, like the very stars in the galaxy and their formation. Although she wished to personify each of them and ask them personally about their existence.

The first class was boring as always and Angelina wished she was somewhere else, perhaps in a magical land trying to fight evil. Her mind instantly went back to her dream and how she was fighting someone although she couldn't remember who it was. All she could remember that it was a woman, a woman whose face she couldn't quite remember. When the bell rang, letting the students go free, her teacher, whom she didn't pay attention to, grabbed her by the arm.