Chapter 8. Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This

When the dance with Caspian was over, the musicians took a small break leaving the dancers to go and grab something to eat

When the dance with Caspian was over, the musicians took a small break leaving the dancers to go and grab something to eat. She followed Caspian back to the group of people he was with. Peter was talking to Corrine about the dances and telling her of some traditional British dances that he learned as a child. Susan was alone, watching her young sister talk to some princess from the south of Narnia. She noticed how neither she nor the older Pevensie sister was amused by this event. It was strange how out of all the Pevensies, Angelina never found a way to connect with Susan.

The third dance was nearing and Angelina knew who she had to dance with. Her heart wouldn't stop beating as she watched him cross the room when he put down his glass of wine and approached her. His facial expression looked calm and she didn't know what was going on inside his mind, she told herself that he is going to dance with her because he promised to and wants to stay true to his word. She denied any other explanation that was beginning to be explored. Edmund's expression was cool and composed, he did not seem excited at all.

Edmund stopped in front of her as she took a glass of wine from the table. "Are you ready to dance?"

"If you are, then I am," she replied taking a full sip and acting uninterested. 

Edmund took the glass from her hand and sat it on the table. "Be careful with that love, you just might get drunk and then what will I do with you?" The smirk that covered his face never left him.

Edmund extended his hand which she accepted and led her to the middle of the dance floor. An already familiar place to her was filled with even more eyes that looked at them as he started leading. His hand was on the bottom of her back and his other one was holding her hand. The music started off slow so he pulled her in closer, hugging her completely. Edmund did not seem worried or uneasy. Dancing came naturally to him, she figured he danced a lot with young ladies that were interested in wearing a crown while sitting next to him on the throne. She, however, was not confident in her dancing skills, especially when the envious eyes of guests were staring at them. Among them was Johanna, whose eyes were glowing with anger. When Angelina caught her glance, she was scared a little. She could swear that she caught Johanna whispering something.

Her attention was on the people around them instead of the young man she was dancing with. Then she felt his hand brush up her back, distracting her from the ever wondering thoughts around the room. She didn't say anything afraid that she might screw everything up. Looking up at him, she gave him a small smile.

"Oh please say something, it is getting a bit uneasy just dancing with you in silence," Edmund said, he was guiding her through a dance she didn't even know.

"I don't really know what to, everyone is staring." She confessed.

Edmund twirled her around, "say the first thing that pops into your mind."

Angelina thought for a moment, and then landed in his arms. "why don't we ditch this Popsicle stand?"

He laughed, "I'm sorry, what is that supposed to mean?"