Chapter 11. War Begins

In the middle of the night, Edmund heard a loud knock on his door

In the middle of the night, Edmund heard a loud knock on his door. It wasn't like he was sleeping anyway, thinking of the night he had. Annoyed, he marched to the door and opened it, revealing the face of his very worried and angry brother. He held a scroll in his hand and marched into Edmund's room, shoving the young man to the side. From everything that happened before, Edmund did not want to take his chances and argue with his brother once more. 

"Peter, what's going on?" He walked straight up to his brother. 

"We need to talk!" Grabbing Edmund's hand, Peter took him to the table in Edmund's room. He spread the scroll on the table in front of both of them.

His brother looked more stressed than he did that morning. "Peter, what's wrong?" Edmund asked in hopes of easing Peter's mind. Edmund rolled his eyes, his brother was constantly doubting Aslan's power.

"What's wrong!? You knew who she was the entire time! Edmund this is no time to play games, there is a war going on. I want you to stay away from her." Peter was furious. 

"Who are you talking about, Pete?" Edmund stepped closer to his brother, his own voice growing with anger, his brother accused him of many things, but Edmund was tired playing second fiddle to him. He looked down at the paper in front of him, it was an excerpt from old Narnian prophecies that was part of the book of Narnia that he found.

"Angelina! She has power, such power that she understands things, things beyond Narnia, things you have failed to inform me of. You knew this all along, you found the book. You read about her! You didn't tell me, why?" Peter wanted an explanation from his brother. He also didn't understand why Edmund felt that he had the authority to read a sacred book of prophecies.

Edmund shook his head and turned away from his brother, walking towards his window and opening it for some fresh air. "I did tell you, but you wouldn't listen to me, you were too busy planning battles. Pete, I can protect her, I know she doesn't belong to me, but I feel protective over her!" Edmund's voice was finally raised. 

"Well, Edmund, you were right. She doesn't belong to you, she belongs to Narnia." Peter pointed a finger at his brother. "Stop being so selfish, Ed! This war is bigger than you, this is no time to distract yourself with a girl that you're only going to discourage because we both know you're not old enough to make decisions men have to make." 

Edmund sighed, "You don't know how the hell I feel. She's not a distraction Peter, she's-" he paused, sighing deeply, "she's my friend. Peter, you don't understand, I can protect her, I have to protect her." 

"You have done enough damage already with your cancellation of the wedding plans. I don't want you to see her, clearly, you are a distraction to her and she is to you. She needs to understand her destiny, she needs Aslan. And you need to protect Narnia. I might not be very fair right now, but I don't want everyone to die!" Peter didn't want to listen to a word his brother was saying.