Chapter 22. Taking It Slow

Peacefully, she sat in the corner of the deck, going through the letter she had written to him

Peacefully, she sat in the corner of the deck, going through the letter she had written to him. Instead of being a comfort, it was now a burden on her. Her eyes wandered up as she noticed the young queen make her way onto the deck. A part of her wished she wouldn't notice her, but she knew that Susan could easily spot her anywhere. Her soft smile reassured Angelina as the queen sat down next to her.

"Do you want to tell me what happened in there?" She asked her.

Angelina shook her head, "I'm not sure what exactly I have to explain."

Susan nodded her head, Angelina was not going to make this easy, "alright, why do you keep fighting with Edmund? You barely talked to him ever since the woods, did something happen?"

She didn't want to tell her anything, she was in denial of everything, "nothing happened. I just hate how stuck up he is, he thinks he's always right."

Susan sighed, "but I thought you liked Edmund?"

There was no way out, Angelina was cornered, "only as a friend."

Knowing that Angelina was lying, Susan didn't know what other arguments to make, so she decided to change the subject, "we should go train, I will teach you how to use a bow and arrow." Angelina followed her to the other side of the deck, where everything was set up for their training. As she stood up from the ground, one of the letters slipped out from between her fingers and fell down onto the floor. The letter was blown back by the wind and got stuck in one of the crevices of the wooden walls.

She kept on hitting the barrel filled with garbage with the light coming out of her hands. For a long time, the barrel didn't budge until she focused on Aslan. For some reason that seemed to work, it would make sense since the lion himself gave her the power. Angelina tried a couple of times again and her powers grew stronger. She still doubted the fact that she could save Narnia, but knowing and feeling Aslan's presence in her made her worry less. A calming sensation overtook her and she let the power out of her hands, hitting the barrel exactly where she wanted to hit it.

An arrow whispered through the air almost hitting her as Angelina used her power to stop it midway. Turning to the source of the arrow, she saw Susan Pevensie standing with her bow raised.

"You stopped it midair, your powers are stronger than I thought." She walked up closer to her and the arrow still hanging in the air until Angelina dropped it.

"You could have killed me!" She panicked.

Susan smiled, "relax, I am a master archer, there is no way that arrow would have hit you. Let's go back inside you've been training for over three hours and I think it's about to rain."

The Pevensie girl picked up the arrow and made her way into the hallway of the ship, sheltering herself from the little drops that were threatening to fall off the sky.