Chapter 15. Writing Is A Gift

She always had the talent of putting pretty words on paper, the only person in her class who enjoyed writing poetry

She always had the talent of putting pretty words on paper, the only person in her class who enjoyed writing poetry. Angelina never thought of that skill as a gift, she only knew that rhyming came easy to her, and putting a confession on a piece of paper was easier than telling face to face. 

Waking up and thinking about how much her life has changed, Angelina took out a piece of paper and started writing. At first, the ink dripped from the feather onto the blank piece of paper, she didn't know where to start or what to start with, yet her paper was already ruined. The words came to her with the wind that blew through her window: Dear, Edmund. She started and heard the Lion calling her back to the place where she would train.

After those two words, the rest flowed from her naturally. She told him everything, informing of every single detail. Not missing to write about the fact that she missed him, she put the words down on paper and prepared to close the envelope. 

Today her first training with Aslan began, she marked the day on her wall and ran from the castle into the woods. Before going to Aslan's, she ran into the stables where the strong horse Philip was left without a king to ride him. She didn't see him before, he was probably being cleaned the day before. The horse stood in his place, staring out into the window, lonely from the uneventful days he was living.

"Good evening." Angelina greeted the horse politely, knowing that it talks. 

The steed stopped chewing and turned his brown head towards the girl, "miss Angelina, how may I be of service." 

"I was wondering if you would like to go out for a ride today?" She asked, hoping that the horse would agree since it was the best battle horse in the entire kingdom of Narnia, he was bored staying locked up in the lonely stables. 

The horse's hooves clicked on the ground as he neared Angelina, "I would be honored to, it has been a while since I was out." 

"I can't promise that it will be safe, I am going into the deep woods," she warned him. 

"That's even better, it's been a while since I've had some action!" The horse shook his head in happiness, "hop on." 

The moment she was on the horses back, it galloped out of the stables and through the huge castle doors on its way to the woods. The air felt fresh on her face and she couldn't help but smile from the increased speed. 

In no time was Philip at Aslan's cave, and both of them could already see the Lion walking out with a bright light behind him. Aslan had a smile on his face, the kind a Lion could actually have. When Angelina got down from Philip, the horse instantly bowed to the One King Of Narnia. 

"Your Majesty." He spoke as his neck was lowered and his knees were slowly making their way to the ground. 

Angelina did the same, following everything the horse did. Aslan walked up to them and spoke, "rise brave warriors of Narnia."