CH. 6

Quickly, Cally pulled away from Bens hug and gave a suspicious look.

"How do I know you aren't going to kill us?.."

BENs facial expression switched from over joyed to droopy and saddened before he calmly spoke "Like I've told (y/n), Cally. You guys are my only friends that I've kept alive and truly care for, and like." Still, with a droopy sad face he slipped on a tiny smile. "Not many people get to say they're friends with BEN DROWNED, ya know?" He chuckles.

Cally looked over at me with a questionable look before returning her eyes upon BEN with a smile.

"Okay." Is all your sister says. Cally stood there for just a few more seconds before she turned around and walked right out of your bedroom door, shutting it as she exits.

BEN turned and looked at you for a good 5 seconds before saying "She doesn't trust me.."

"She has every right to not trust you, BEN, and you know that." You say with a smile. "You kill people through video games. She's very likely scared you're going to try to inflict harm on us." You calmly explain.

BEN looks at you with understanding but there was just a sliver of sadness hidden in his eyes too.

"You guys are my friends." He says as he straightens himself up. "Just remember that, please."
He gave you no time to say anything before jumping straight into the computer monitor, not to be seen again.

+ - + - + - +

Knock knock knock knock

"Who is it??" You called out. Within seconds of those words exiting from your mouth your bedroom door opened to reveal your oh so pissed of aunt.

"Where is she? In her bedroom hiding?" She asked, angrily. Due to her lack of respect and kindness, you decided to play dumb.

"Who, Cally?" You asked.

"Yes, your sister. Your only sister. Where is she?"

She's sleeping "I don't know, why ask me?"

"Because you're her damn sister, that's why!" And with that Aunt Ash slammed the door shut and stomped her merry way toward your little sisters bedroom.

You sighed as you got up from your comfortable navy blue foam mattress and forced yourself to open the door and trudge your way into Callys room, where you can already hear Aunt Ash yelling.

"I didn't give a damn about that stupid yard sale," You heard Cally say as you approached the door. "it was pointless."

"Do you have ANY idea how much money we could have made? How much that money could have HELPED us?!" Aunt Ash practically yelled.

"Helped US? I'm sure you mean helped YOU buy more fucking 'drinks'." You finally stepped into the war zone with caution when you seen your Aunt raise her hand to hit Cally.

"Aunt Ash, don't." You step in between her, who was standing in front of Cally, who was sitting on her bed fuming.

"You want to take the hit for her?" She asked.

"I don't think hitting would sol-" Before you could even finish the sentence Aunt Ash had back-handed you, leading you to stumble backward a bit before regaining your balance. You didn't feel a thing, though. You were to filled with rage and adrenaline to feel anything and you failed realize you were trying to attack your own Aunt.

"(Y/N), STOP!" Cally shouted. She was trying to hold you back. "SHE ISN'T WORTH YOUR DAMN ENERGY."

And that's when it clicked inside of your head. You froze in the spot you were standing in and stared at your aunt who was cowering before you.

Why are we even here? You thought. We don't need this abuse.

You turned to your sister and gently smiled as you rested a hand on her shoulder before you turned back to your aunt and stepped forward. Though Cally had a look of 'Don't beat the shit outta her!', she wasn't trying to hold you back. But you are the bigger person between you and your aunt, which is exactly why you grabbed her by the hem on the neck of her pretty royal blue T-shirt and lead her to Callys door.

"Don't even THINK about laying a hand on my sister, ON EITHER OF US." And with that you threw her the best you could have out of Callys and locked the door shut right after.

Cally stared at you with eyes that you couldn't really pin-point before saying "I hate her.."