CH. 33

BEN's P.O.V.

Her face went from frightened, to relieved, and to tearful. With a smile, might I add. She flung her arms around my torso and hugged tightly. Very tightly.

I could feel it. I felt my black eye goo leak down my face, one line at a time, as I hugged her back. Her mental state must be in shock right now. Can't say mine hasn't been shot, either..

"We'll own tomorrow night, just stay with me.." I said pulling away. (Y/n) sucked in her bottom lip and nodded her head as she looked down.

I smiled as I stood properly and began picking Danny up bridal style to have her lay right to sleep.

"I'll see you tomorrow, (Y/n)." I said as I started walking away. I was stopped, though. By her.

"You said you'd do whatever it takes to be here with me." She said meekly. "But does it hold true?"

She started tugging on my hand, beckoning me back over to the bed. With my heart beating fast, I climbed in with her and pulled her on top of me. Her head was resting on my chest, and her hand directly above my heart. She probably thinks I'm a lil bitch!.. But she has no idea. None whatsoever. Something about being near her, just being with her just feels right. It always has.

"I guess it does." I proclaim. "Goodnight, (Y/n)."

+-+-+-+

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

As you stood in the shower you stared at yourself in the mirror. Today was the day you had to prepare for the fight of your life. Reality versus sanity. You wondered if you were gonna look at yourself the same after the matter, so you wanted to take a good long look so you still had something to hold on to.

But you didn't want to think of those silly things right now!

You grabbed your shaving razor and got your favorite fruit scented shaving cream out and went to town on your legs. You hated the feeling of itchy legs underneath your leggings, and there was only one way to take care of that problem~

As you were closely examining the skin on your legs, looking for any trace of hidden little hairs that didn't want to die, you held your razor right next to your head. Juuust in case you found some.. Those hairs would justly face their rightful judgment. Or, at least that's what you thought before someone started pounding on the bathroom door, making you drop the razor in the bathtub water.

"What's taking you so long? Packing for a roadtrip or something?!" Toby exclaimed.

"No, Toby, I'm dealing with girl problems, go away!" You laughed. You heard Toby groan and drag away from the door, and what a satisfactory sound that is..!

You shook your head and continued again, but again was interrupted by knocking. A lot lighter than last time, but annoying nonetheless..

"Toby?" You called out.

"Far from it!" Your sister called out in response.

You jumped from the tub side and ran for the door eagerly letting her in. You were overjoyed to see her, you two had so much to talk about, but with such little time.. Today was your only day for 'training'. This time it wasn't for cleaning, but for self-defense instead. We were made to get up and get ready, get comfortable, and come clear minded. You were still trying to work on that third one..

"(Y/n), be quick out there, okay? You're going up against Masky, he's fucking lightning." Cally warned. "And Hoodie might jump in too. I over-heard SlenderShits talking about some obstacles amongst them two, BEN, and Jeff."

You gave an awkward smile and nodded as you said "Yeah, I wouldn't doubt they'd try to crank things up a notch.." You put a hand on Callys' shoulder.

"You too, Cal. You're training with Jeff; he can get a little rough.."

Cally smiled wide in pride before saying "I can hold my own, don't worry Danny."

Her smile was contagious; soon enough you both were smiling and giggling like weirdos in the bathroom. From an outsiders point of view it would've looked like it's over nothing. But you both know it's because you're half naked and talking about training.

"I can't wait to get my hands on some of L.Js' French Toast." Cally states as she starts brushing her teeth. "I hear he makes it especially sweet!"

Cally's always been a sugar fiend.. It used to be really bad when she was knee-high, but she still has her moments...

"You would trust it?" You asked, genuinely concerned. She flashed a foamy toothy smile before nodding her head and brushing her teeth furiously. "I wouldn't.."

You sat on the toilet and struggled to get your pants back on being that your legs are still wet, but with enough time, sweat, and effort, the job was completed soon enough and you were ready to leave the bathroom.

"I'm gonna head out, Cal. Want me to check and see if the French Toast is done while I'm down there?"

Cally looked over and met eyes with you through the mirror and gave a thumbs up without taking her hand off the sink nor toothbrush.

You nodded, and with that you started off to the kitchen.

----------

As you entered the kitchen you seen few people in there, but the smell of buttery eggs and syrup overwhelmed your sense of smell. Couldn't have been better.

"Hey, (Y/n)." Hoodie welcomed. Masky, Slendy, Jane, and Sally all followed after.

"G'morning, everyone." You gave a friendly smile as you sat next to Jane at the dinner table. "How's breakfast?"

"Slenderman's making it, so it's gonna be good no matter WHAT!" Sally chimed in.

You got up and reached over to grab the pitcher of apple juice Slenderman put out the night before and poured some of it into your cup before saying "Oh yeah, is that so?" and taking a sip. Sally quickly nodded and held Charlie up to say "Even Charlie thinks so!!"

Sally always brings a smile on your face, every darn day. Childhood energy was something you missed so much. Just endless smiles and readiness to take everything on. Something you lack so very much now-a-days.

"Will L.J. be making French Toast soon?" You looked around the table. "Cally's eager to eat some of it."

"He likely won't be here until tonight, child." Slender informed. He grabbed a butter-knife from the utensils drawer and sat it on a plate before setting it down right in front of you. "He's dealing with important business today."

"Oh.." You looked down at your lap. "Break the news to Cally for me please?"

You flashed an innocent smile up at Slenderman, but he was already shaking his head at you before you could even make eye contact..

"Don't make others do your dirty work.." He said before crouching to leave the room.

'You're one to talk..'

'What was that.' You heard him say, from.. everywhere..?

You widened your eyes and started picking at your plate with your fork. "Nothing, sir, sorry sir."

It didn't dawn on you that you said that last one out loud until you heard Sally, who knew exactly what you did, snicker.. She knows it all too well.