CH. 25

You felt something warm, but kind of rough brush over both of your cheeks. You opened your eyes and stared at a red eyed BEN as he wiped your tears away with his palms.

"I understand, (y/n)." BEN said. "This is a scary situation."

He's so aware of everything, you wonder what side he's on sometimes. When you first met BEN on your guys' Minecraft server you played the most, as time went on, you started to know him as a sweet guy with a big heart open for everyone. It came as a shock to learn who he truly was. So, maybe he didn't have a big heart for everyone, but it was now that you knew for sure that he has a big heart open for you, and your sister. ;

"BEN, do we have to live the same way that you do to survive?" You asked him. He looked confused, you were probably gonna have to explain it to him.

"Do we have to kill to stay here and alive?"

The homicidal way of living didn't suit right with you; it leaves a sour taste in your mouth every time you think about it. BENs face went from confused back to neutral.

"Maybe.." BEN said. As your heart skips a couple beats, BEN sighs. "I don't know if Slender will want that to happen, yet."

"Have you two discussed it?" You asked.

"We have." BEN started. "When you guys first arrived. He didn't come to a decision."

Somewhere inside, a part of you wanted BEN to give a direct answer. It being so inconclusive is set for panic and left your brain to wonder, and wonder, and wonder.

"I think we all need to just sleep some, it'll be for the best." BEN stated, standing up. As he stared down at you, he flung his arm down and held out a hand.

"Need help standing?"

You stared at his hand thinking back to the time he barreled through your computer screen; oh how times were so much simpler. You weren't gonna lie to yourself by saying you don't miss Aunt Ashs' house. It felt a lot safer, aside from Aunt Ash herself.

You reluctantly grabbed his and held it firmly before using him to stand. Your legs felt a little like jelly, but it was nothing too serious. You didn't need help at all, but you also didn't want to deny BEN..

"Thank you, BEN." And with that you grabbed him into a big hug. He wasn't expecting a hug, so his initial reaction was to place his hands the shoulders and try to push. He only got to putting his hands on your shoulder, though, before he fully realized what was happening. Once he'd finally hugged back, you lightly head-butted his chest a couple times before completely resting your forehead on him and sighed.
He bent down to your head level and stared at his bedroom door, hoping nobody was behind it, before whispering into your ear.

"Can I tell you something?" He said. All you did was nod a couple of times before shutting your eyes.

"I'm gonna do everything I can do to fight for you, (y/n)."

Your eyes flung open wide and your heart started racing. You weren't sure on what you were expecting, but that sure as hell wasn't it. The two of you stood in the middle of his room, just standing there hugging.

"Alright?" He said, breaking the silence.

You stepped back and stared at his chest for a brief moment before looking up at his face, only to find he was already staring you in the eyes. You gazed into it red pupils as you nodded. You got this odd feeling in your stomach, and it kinda scared you. This was a feeling you'd only experienced once before and it only ended in hurt.