CH. 21

BEN hopped in first and held up a single finger to signal us to wait before waving. He was probably just making sure no one was in there; better for all of us. You looked over at Cally and motioned your head toward the window. You weren't exactly ready to see how your old bedroom was doing after everything. It just left an unsettling feeling deep down. Cally nodded and stood up.

She poked her head in the window and nodded once more before jumping in. Assumingly at BEN. You looked over at Kai but got shot down before you could even suggest him going before you. He was shaking his head at first, then nodded his head at the window. You didn't wanna make him mad, so you gave in. With one hand above you on the window-sill, you sighed and lightly shut your eyes. And without even thinking you jumped in. The strong scent of booze and blood filled the air within so bad it made your eyes water a little bit.

"Shhhh..." BEN said silently with his index finger in front of his lips. "Grab what you need and lets get outta here."

You looked over at your sister to see her standing there looking a little lost. In her thoughts, possibly. You tip-toed over to her and sat your right hand on her head.

"You okay?" You asked quietly. She nodded and looked around the room.

"There's no need to tip-toe around here, she's probably in a deep sleep because of her drinking." She said in a normal tone. BEN looked over at her with shock and a little bit of anger.

"Let's not take the chance, Cally!" BEN whisper-yelled. "It can get us caught. And if you guys go down, I'm going through that monitor."

"It's a fact though." Cally said shrugging. "You must've never got to know her well.."

BENs eyes rested on Cally for a moment before averting his gaze to the bedroom door. It was already shut when we hopped in here. It looked like a light-bulb turned on inside of his head because he stood up straight and beckoned Cally over to him as he walked to the door.

"We need to get your things, too." He whispered as he slowly opened the door. "(Y/n), stay and get your things. I'll go with Cally see if she's got anymore bags or something so we can carry more." And with that he drug Cally slowly, and quietly across the hall to her room; which the door was already opened for some reason.

You started to look around, but something just felt off and it  started making you lose track of everything. You couldn't tell if it was just you being paranoid about being caught or if it was just the house dredging up old memories, but it certainly didn't feel nice.

Slowly, you started pushing the feeling aside to get your head more in the game and started picking out what you needed the most.

'Memory book, tooth brush, notebook, pens, a couple books, razors, aaand..-' Your thoughts were put to a halt when you stopped right in front of your nightstand, to see a bloodied up lamp. 'Oh my god, what happened?'

You looked over at the window to see if you could see Kai, but you can only see the top of his dark brown hair. He's probably the look-out here. You figured he might have answers, but that can wait another time. Suddenly you heard someone approaching. Instinctively, you started to run; but then you noticed a pair of gooey eyes staring at you.

"Oh." Is all you could say. "It's just you." And you smiled.

BEN half smiled and held up a black stylish bag. It had red floral design on it, that's all. But BEN must've like it.

"This sucker's huge." He whisper-yelled, pointing at it with his other hand. "You girls and your accessories." He walked in and stood in front of you, and that's when you noticed that he's significantly taller than you. He must've noticed your hands full of the things you picked because he unzipped the bag carefully and opened it up a little.

"Here, put those in here." BEN said quietly. "We'll sort everything out later."

You cautiously placed your things in it, being sure not to cause any rumbling. You looked up at BEN with confusion written all across your face.

"Where's Cally?" You asked. BEN motioned his head toward your door.

"Still in her room. She's picking outfits for you two."

You hadn't even thought of clothes. Honestly, that probably would've been the last thing on the list!

"Do you need anything else here?" BEN asked. You flashed a small smile and shook your head no. Or, at least you thought you didn't.

"Wait, yes!" And with that you darted to your jewelry box. Your mother had a ring, she passed it down to you and Cally but you couldn't wear it at all. You swore on your life that you would protect that ring because of Aunt Ash. If you or your sister had a piece of jewelry she liked, it was hers. If Aunt Ash seen this ring, she'd take it in a heartbeat. And you didn't entirely blame her in all honesty, it sure was a beauty! A silver ring with yours, your sisters, your fathers, and your mothers different birthstones attached to it

You opened the box just to see it only held one necklace, and it was band merch.

"That thieving bitch." You mumbled under your breath. You went to look outside of your room but BENs face caught your attention. He looked concerned, but he didn't say anything. He probably understood everything, very well.

"I'll be right back." And with that you walked outside of the room. You were going to go get that ring back whether it took you killing her or not. That ring meant everything to you, you were NOT just gonna let it slip right into the hands of a poor excuse for a human being.