CH. 36

'This guy is a mental case,' I thought. 'It's the guy BEN warned us about..'

"I'm Cally, really; I'm not an agent." I started. "My friend and I got l-"

The man cut me off, seething, as he started climbing atop his table.

"And how am I supposed to know that, exactly?" With both feet planted on top of the creaky table, he leaned on one leg and pointed his knife at me with an intense stare that I just couldn't break my own stare from. "I think it's time to nip this in the bud. I'll wear your head like a hat at the end of this, Miss, to hint at those fuckers not to come back again."

And with that he hopped off and landed on his knees with a loud thud, he's so out of it he can barely keep his balance. But he quickly collected himself and stood back up with a sadistic smile spreading on his face.

"Please, sir, hear me out!" My heart-rate was pacing faster and faster, it felt like I couldn't move; yet, I gripped my own knife in my pocket tighter. "I just came to get help, I'm not here to bother anyone!"

He didn't say a word as he stared me up an down; and he didn't say a word as he charged for me. Without even thinking I used my hand to grab a giant book from the shelf and smacked him in the side of the head with it. The corner must have got him good, there was blood trickling down from his ear and temple. With him standing there holding his head, stunned, there was no time to waste. I whipped out my own knife and lunged.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

You slowly slipped the door open and peeked through to see a man, maybe mid 20's, sitting on the side of his bed on his phone. With all of the yelling of another man was making downstairs, you were surprised to see him just sitting there. But maybe it was a normal thing for him to hear.. In any case, he was sitting on the other side of the bed facing the wall. You figured, if you were quick and quiet, you could get it over with and go look for Cal. You moved your eyes to your right to look at Jeff and Jeff looked back at you with a nod. As you nodded back at him you opened the door as slowly as you possibly could to prevent any creaking that may make noise. With it completely open, you started to tip-toe over to the bed.

You stood at the opposite side, staring down at him. You were starting to understand what Charlie was saying. The longer you looked at him, the more numb you felt to your movement, to your own emotions. This is what needed to be done. He was but scum who didn't deserve the family he had. Just like Aunt Ash. In one swift movement you flipped your knife open and pressed it against his throat. And then, you applied pressure.

Jeff tried to prepare you for the ones that fight back, but nothing had prepared you for the flip the man did as he stood up. He took your arm which was holding the knife and straightened it out before standing up, throwing himself, and you, forward. As close as he was to the wall from the bed, you SMACKED the wall and slid right down to his feet. You looked up in terror as he started to bend down with his hand aiming for your throat, but Jeff threw himself at the guys back and wrestled him back on to the bed.

This was your chance.

In a fit of adrenaline you jumped on top of the man on the bed and scuffled to get control over his thrashing.

"YOU BITCH!" He shouted. But you could barely understand.

"I don't like this," you stated as you pressed your knife to his throat. "I really don't. But I really have no choice now, do I?"

And with that you completed the deed. You climbed off of the bed and stood at the corner staring at your feet as you shyly put your knife back in your pocket after wiping his messy-ness off on the bed, face emotionless, but the rest of you was trembling.

"You did good for your first kill." Jeff said standing back on to his own two feet. "Let's go find Cally now."

You nodded and you walked behind him out the door. You held your arms and simply stared at the walls the whole trek around.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

Cally's P.O.V.

With the ripped-superhuman-asshole finally lying on the ground, I hopped over the desk and over to his semi-conscious, limp body. But just as I raised I knife, he flopped over and stared at the ceiling. I hopped like the fucking easter bunny a couple steps behind, aint letting no hoe grab me, hell no.

"You're a fighter," he started. He shuffled his arms a little, trying to get up. But rather, he just leaned on one. "why don't you even bother..."

"First of all, sir, I'm not a fighter." I gritted my teeth, but released before saying "I'm a fucking survivor.

I picked up a book from the floor next to my right foot before continuing.

"There's a note-able difference."

As I waited for him to make his move, I held half of my face with my knife in hand. There was no way I'm set to take him down alone, he'd have to be completely unconscious. He's got too much strength; take my face for example. Beaten to a fucking pulp. But I have to be ready to try.

He laughed like a mad-man before he started to fully sit up, but I whipped the book in my hand right at his shiny bald dome. It was a thick book about psychology, of all things. It didn't surprise me when it finally rendered him unconscious.

This time I was gonna right it. I was gonna get this done, go back to the mansion, and enjoy some food, and some naps, and some movies, and everything else that I miss right at the moment. I walked over and kicked him a good couple of times in the arms and head, just to be sure, but. I wasn't so lucky with the last kick.

"I ASKED WHY YOU DIDN'T BOTHER, SERINA! I ASKED YOU!" He screamed as he latched onto my leg.

"GET THE FUCK OFF OF ME!" I screamed out of fright; I kept stabbing him. His arms and his shoulders shouldn't be as functional, but, dear god.

I started hopping backward, and he kept trying to fight against it. Well he won that fight. I fell flat on my ass, and he started climbing toward me. I scuffled as far back as I could before I felt the hard surface of the table against my back. I tried to jump up and over it, but all I managed to do was stand before he cornered me as he did the same.

"WHY THE FUCK WON'T YOU ANSWER ME, SERINA?!" He screeched in to my face. I tried to turn my head, but with a good grip he kept my head steady with my face in front of his.

"FUCK you AND Serina!"

He stopped all movement for a second before leaning in, moving his hand from the chin down to my neck. He grabbed hold with a tight grip around my neck with both of his hands. I was practically lying on the table at this point, he was so close, our noses were almost touching, there isn't much I can do. He was so close, our noses were almost touching. I tried kicking, I even aimed for the nuts, but.. It didn't work. The only thing that could work, though...

I didn't let my grip on my knife fall for a second, and he was too fucking stupid to remember I still had it. Just as my vision started to escape me, I mustered what strength I could possibly give into one final blow to his back. And then I heard the door open.

He tensed up, his back arched and his eyes got even wider than they already were. I grabbed his shoulders and nudged him off of me and on to the floor. As I stood above him, staring him in the eyes, I could only think of the pain and fear he put me against.

"Fucking psycho." I muttered as I took on final jab as his chest. And that was that. When I looked up, I seen Danny looking at me like she just could. not. believe it. And don't even get me started on Jeff...