CH. 16

You snapped out of whatever world you'd just visited and looked around for a second before saying "Yes, sorry. I'm sorry." You sat down on your new-found bed and BEN followed your action.

"I thought you didn't mind me calling you Danny?" BEN asked, concern in his voice. You looked at him and nodded.

"That's not it.. Well.. Kinda.." You said looking away. "It just made me think of my father, that's all, BEN." He looked confused but he didn't say anything. Instead, he looked down at the ground then ahead of us.

"I didn't mean to upset either of you girls, damn it." He mumbled under his breath. Barely audible, but you still managed to catch it. You sighed.

"It didn't upset me, BEN." He looked at you, shocked. "I love to be called Danny. It makes me happy, to be honest." You reassuringly smiled at him before looking down at your shoes. People don't know this, but it makes your entire day just being called Danny.

"You don't have to answer this, but, why?" BEN asked, curious.

"Well, it starts with my Dad. His name was Daniel. We shared a lot in common genetically when I was younger so everyone started calling me Little Danny." You closed your eyes and a few tears had escaped. You tried to stop them but to no avail; so you wiped the tears away and continued. "Well, eventually I grew up so everyone just started calling me Danny. Eventually I grew into my own looks, but the nickname has been with me for so long that it just.. Stuck. It reminds me every day of my dad. I miss him a lot. That's why I love being called Danny, BEN."

He looked.. Crushed. He looked like he didn't know what to think. And he probably doesn't. You wonder if he experiences this, or if he has at all. You've never really delved too deep into creepypastas stories, you just knew who they were and what they did.

"I'm not too sure if this counts, but my dad was a heavy drinker. It's affected my life so much." BEN started. "It ultimately lead to my demise. But no matter, I'm still here. If my dad had quit his habits, maybe things would be different. I missed the old him. We used to go fishing every Sunday when my mother would go to church but then, that changed and I was the loner kid with an obsession with video games."

You sat there, trying to process all of words he's spoken. It hurts. 'This hits a little too close to home, makes me think of Aunt Ash.' You thought.

The two of you sat and stared at each other without breaking eye contact. Tears were welling in your eyes, but you did your best to keep them to yourself. 'I wonder if BEN can cry?'

You hear the clicking sound of the door and you look up. In walks a pale white Cally that has a look like she wants to cry, too.

"Cally, what's wrong?" You jumped up and asked. "What happened, did something happen to Aunt Ash?"

"BEN, can (y/n) and I talk in private, please?" Cally asks walking over to you. BEN nodded and looked at you for a second, looked down, then back up before he opened his mouth. It looked like he wanted to say something but he shut his mouth just as quickly as he opened it and left. Cally shut the door behind him and placed her back against it.

"(Y/n)." Cally said in a serious tone. She walked over in front of where you were standing, which was next to the bed, and whispered "When was the last time we got a call from Adam?"

You shrugged. "I don't know, 3 months.. ago... Oh.."

Cally shut her eyes tightly and nodded. "Just as I expected. He changed his number, (y/n)."

Your stomach dropped to the floor. 'We have no way of contacting our brother anymore?'

"Maybe we'll run into him at some point!" You hopelessly suggested. Cally raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"Here? I don't think we will here." Cally dropped her arms out of crossed form and drooped a little bit. "We have nowhere to go."