CH. 18

BEN turned his head to look at the doorway and kept his gaze there before sighing and reluctantly looking over at you and the bed. He furrowed his eyebrows a little bit before walking over and sitting down. Though he didn't just sit down, he sat on the very edge. It's as if he thinks if he needed to run, he'll have the chance to.

"Tell me what's wrong, BEN." You demanded. Though it looked like he wanted to speak, he kept his mouth shut and just stared between you and the door. You took your eyes off of BEN and onto the door long enough to realize he forgot to shut the door. 'Maybe that's why he's not speaking?' You wondered. So you got up and shut it and you stood there staring at him, just waiting for an explanation.

BEN shook his head and looked down.

"We're Minecraft buddies, you can trust me with anything." You say with a smile. "You trusted me with your enchanted armor, need I remind you?"

You thought that would cheer him up but it looked like it only made him more upset. His eyebrows knitted together closer than before and he was still staring at the floor, unwilling to look you in the eyes.

"You have no idea." BEN said lowly. "I have no idea."

"What do you mean by that?" You questioned. Your smile had faded and concern filled your mind with a tid-bit of fear soaring through your chest.

"Is it that easy, (y/n)?" BEN asked. He finally raised his head up to you but your fear doubled up when you seen how mad he looked. His nose scrunched, his eyebrows knitted. He had eyes that spoke. And the words they spoke were 'I'm gonna kill you if you don't run' and his mouth was in a furious frown.

"Is what easy, BEN?" You shakily asked. You were confused by his question, and you were scared too. Especially to ask such a question, but you were too curious.

"Believing everything, Danny." BEN said, anger evident. "Do you REALLY think I'd hide something from you? Or lie to you?"

It all came racing back to your memory. What you and your sister were talking about before, was he listening in? 'Oh god, no!' You thought.

"BEN, please don't be angr-" Before you could even finish the sentence BEN started laughing. You knew it was out of sarcasm, and it annoyed you little, but you also knew he has every reason to be mad about the given situation. 'You were too scared to stick around, in all honesty. You'd wished you kept the door open so you could leave, to avoid whatever is going to go down, but you like(d) your privacy.

"Don't be angry?" BEN started. "I trusted YOU. I thought you were a friend; friends stick together but there you are plotting an escape behind my back because you think I'm lying? So how's that going for you, (y/n), did Adam ever pick up?"

You stared at him absolutely destroyed and utterly flabbergasted.

"Oh, BEN, I'm sorry for being fearful and wary of a house full of dangerous killers." You said. "I have no idea as to what you guys are and what you're capable of!" You furiously sped through the sentence. "You know fully well that we're new here, right?" You asked. He nodded.

"You are a killer, BEN. Just like the rest of 'em." You paused for a moment. 'Should I say it?' You wondered but you knew very well the message needed to get across, it needs to be said.

"We shouldn't have to trust you." You spat the words with venom. BENs face kind of fell. He went completely stone-faced and stayed silent.

"And no, Adam didn't pick up. If you listened in long enough you would have known that." And with that you walked over to the fireplace and placed a hand on top of it. You heard him shuffle on the mattress so you looked over your shoulder to see what he was doing but you were met with the piercing red eyes of the blonde haired boy sitting on your new bed but you turned away as quickly as you looked.

"This whole time you were here I knew that you were afraid of us because of what we do." BEN began. He said it such a low tone voice you could hardly believe he'd calmed down that much. Maybe he is just trying to hide the anger now.

"I spent the whole time you girls were here trying to be friendly, trying to come across as one you can put trust in and not have to be afraid of. I wanted to be the one you come to when you're afraid, because I thought I was doing a pretty okay job at keeping you guys occupied and at least somewhat content. I joked around, I held responsibility. I didn't let anyone kill you."

You shut your eyes tight and let your head hang. Trying to take everything in at the moment was very hard for you; you had everything running through your head at once. 'He's right.' You thought. 'But how in the world am I supposed to believe him? How will I even convince Cally?'

"You're still alive, (y/n), haven't you noticed?" BEN said. "Why would you try to just leave? You couldn't just talk to me?"

You looked up and over your shoulder. You couldn't help the tears welling up in your eyes, it felt like pins were stabbing you in the heart. You felt guilt. Slowly, your hand was moving off of the fireplace. You made your way over to the bed and sat next to your long-time Minecraft buddy and just hugged him. It's been a while since you've received a hug, let-alone given one; and it felt great. BEN was taken aback. He just sat there and stared forward before looking down at you. You rested your chin on his shoulder and let loose with the tears.

"I don't even know what to do anymore, life has changed and I don't know what to do." Is all you could barely mutter out. He had this feeling somewhere in his chest and stomach, but he passed it off as guilt for being so... Mad at you. He wrapped his slim arms around you and hugged back, tightening reassuringly. You wanted to be happy, but at that very moment you just wanted to sleep.

You two sat there for a couple minutes, not even trying to budge, until you heard a knock at the door. The both of you unravelled and looked at each other until BEN broke the silence one more time.

"We'll talk tomorrow."