CH. 31

"Slenderman says I need to get this blood off of me before dinner time, but I'd rather play with you instead, you're fun (y/n)." Sally says happily, pouring her 'homemade tea' into our little pink and purple teacups. You thanked her for the tea as you pretended to take a sip.

"I think you should listen to Slender, he seems to know what's best, Sal." You smiled and sat the cup down and picked up a couple strands of her hair and held it up. "At least wash this out. Clothes can be changed, your hair will stay messy if you don't take care of it, right?"

Sally sat her hands in her lap on top of Charlie and reluctantly nodded her little head in agreement. "Yeah, I suppose that's right."

You nodded lightly as you picked the teacup up again and pretended to sip from it. You would be lying if you said you didn't miss doing things like this. You and Cally would always play princess or throw sleep-over tea parties back when you two still had your toys.

Sally jolted her arms up and looked down at Charlie for a brief moment before she picked him up and brought him to her ear. She stared at you as she whispered to him. You tried to listen in but you couldn't hear much of what she was saying, and you couldn't even hear anything coming from Charlie, so it made you wonder if they were talking about you. You knew it was quite silly and kinda childish, but you hated being left curious.

"Charlie says he's sure you'll do fine tomorrow!" Sally says as she jumps up from her seat. It made your blood run cold and heart race faster Mr. Bolt.

Is he talking about what I think he's talking about? How would he know that?

You looked down at the bear that was positioned to be facing you now and said "Thank you very much, Charlie, I appreciate that." As you nodded your head once toward him.

"If I can ask you, how did you know?" You asked right after. You smiled gently, to show you weren't trying to show hostility. You didn't want to give the wrong impression, especially if you wanted answers.

Sally raised her eyebrows as well as her hands so she could hold Charlie up to her head again, but she was just listening this time. A couple minutes go by before she finally smiled really wide and sat Charlie down one last time.

"Charlie said that if you can get through this then you belong here; he's already got a good feeling about you! He wants you to feel completely numb the first time, and to try not to think much, just act on instinct and on Jeffs go."

You stared at the bear that was giving you murder advice and felt shook to the very core. While it felt logical, you couldn't believe it, a non-talking bear was talking to you about killing someone. Or, maybe it's just Sally and she's just a very smart cookie? No, there would've been no way she would've known either. It was all very eerie, but you didn't expect anything less.

You smiled. "Let's go get you washed up for dinner now before it gets too late."

You sat up and helped Sally and Charlie pick out comfy pajamies and a towel and the three of you headed for the bathroom.

BEN's P.O.V.

"Is (y/n) afraid of me still?" I rested my fist underneath my chin and sat my arm on the kitchen table. "I know she's not too happy with me right now.."

Cally sat back into her chair and slid down and sighed. She folded her arms in front of her chest and started speaking.

"I'm gonna go off on a limb here and say she's afraid for her future. And not because of you, but because of herself." She said as she shrugged.

"Why's that?"

"Think of it this way; if you were like us two, how would you feel if you were forced into killing someone you don't want to?" She sat up straight and folded her arms on the table. "She likely feels trapped, she definitely feels guilt, but she probably feels like that's the only way she'll be accepted by you. And the rest of your family here."

Something actually clicked within my slow-processing brain of mine. Would (y/n) actually do this just to be accepted by me though? She does have to prove herself to the rest of these assclowns, but she doesn't have to prove shit to me. The only thing she has to prove to me is that she feels the same way.

"You have a fair point, yeah." I nodded. "Do you feel the same way?"

Cally looked to her right at the oven and then back over at me as she nodded her head. "A little bit."

I felt this pinching in my stomach, and it made me want to throw up a little bit.. I looked down at the table for a second, just to take some time and get my thoughts together, and clenched my mouth shut to be sure nothing would escape in the case I didn't vomit.

"Look, you got us away from our aunt." Cally started. She took a deep breath and continued. "We haven't really thanked you guys verbally. Only by cooking meals and cleaning up."

She must've noticed me feeling ill somehow..

"What are you trying to get at?" I asked, confused.

She smiled and pointed at me.

"Because of you guys, we live a better life here. It hasn't been for long, sure. But it's better than what we had living at her house. We'd do anything we would have to do to stay away from her and to stay with people who accept us as their own and treat us like decent human beings, even after what we've done. (Y/n) and I have been told countless times that everything comes with a price, nothing comes free. Nothing makes this situation any different, we're willing to pay the toll. We may not like it, but it beats dying or living with Aunt Ash."

Cally straightened her back and let the smile fall into a smaller one before she chuckled a little and said "That's the only thing letting me go through with it."