CH. 35

As you scanned the area looking at the beautiful houses, you were also looking for the other 3.

'I hope they didn't leave this up to us, we can't do this alone like this!'

"Hey you guys!" BEN shouted from behind you.

You had a feeling BEN would find a way to make some noise, he's been really good at that..
You whipped around and threw your finger up to your mouth. "SSHHH!"
It's a big neighborhood and everyone around probably doesn't care, but this whole 'murdering someone's really got you on edge.. It's certainly toying with you more than you'd thought.

"Oh.. sorry." BEN said quietly as he approached.

"Sorry it took so long, Jeff found a dull fucking hunting knife laying next to a stop sign.." Kai said agitatedly. Cally gave a fake smile as she sucked in her lips and started rocking back and forth.

"No, no, take yer time.." Cally sardonically spoke; she had a monotone sound to her voice. Then she returned to normal her stance and walked up ahead to the sidewalk. Kai, though he looked annoyed, jogged up next to her and put his arm on her shoulders, and Jeff followed in suit.

You shook your head with a sympathetic half smile as you averted your gaze from her to BEN.

"So, which house will we be visiting here?" You asked. BEN started looking around, squinting his eyes as he looked over the entire neighborhood.

"That one over there!" He said as he quickly threw his arm up and pointed.

You got a glance of the house before looking out the corner of your eye, back at his arm. It finally processed what he was doing and with no hesitation you grabbed his arm and brought it back down to his side. He looked surprised, but waited for you to say something nonetheless.

"Please don't bring attention to us, BEN, I'm worried enough over here!" You nearly squealed. He chuckled a bit before turning and ruffling your hair with his right hand.

"You're being too uptight!" He said cheerfully. "C'mon, lets go check the place out!"

It felt like your heart was about to make a special guest appearance and just burst right out of your chest. Any calm you'd been able to maintain up until this point was crumbling away more and more the closer you got to the house. By the time you got to the front of the house, you could already hear the words Charlie spoke.

           "Just feel numb."

But how does he suppose you do that? Just let go of any thought at that very moment? Relax every muscle in your body? Whatever he meant, he knows what he's talking about. Otherwise I don't think a teddy bear would be willing to throw his two-cents in.

"Jesus, it's so plain compared to the others.." Cally began. "But it's beautiful."

And she was right. It looks like a tiny cabin, but a more... advanced version. 3 stories tall with beautiful patterned trimming along the windows, swirly-like trimming around the front doorway, and a light brown leaf-patterned doormat. The wicker furniture within the open lattice'd porch was a pretty style they used.

"Whenever you girls are ready," BEN started. "But how do you guys think we should do this?" BEN questioned. He turned to Kai and Jeff and started motioning between the three of them. "One of us to go in and observe and the other two wait outside on stand-by, all three go in but only 2 scout the house out, or one stay, one scout, and one observe those two?"

"The third option would be the better option." Jeff states. Kai nods in agreement.

"Seems like it'd be safer and more productive for these two." Kai says motioning toward you and your sister.