CH. 23

You jogged up to Callys other side on the orange-ish colored brick walkway and lightly bumped into her. She looked over at you with a smile. You didn't know if it was real or not, though, and that bugged you the most. As Kai and Cally were walking and talking, you decided to stand in and just listen. Every now and then you'd glance over at BEN, and eight times out of ten, he'd already be looking your direction.

There's something about BEN, you thought. Every time you look over at him, you get this feeling. A feeling that you can't quite seem to shake. In fact, you believe it's gotten stronger since you've actually met him.

"Did you guys hear that?" Cally asked as she suddenly came to a halt. "Someone's here, I can hear something."

The four of you stood there in the middle of this park confused, concerned, and silent. Though, you heard nothing. Your eyes fell on your sister with an eyebrow raised and confusion lifted as well.

"Over there." Cally said pointing her finger in the direction ahead of us. And sure as shit, there was a figure speed walking over to us. You snapped your head sharply to the direction in which you felt a hand on your elbow, tugging. It was BEN.

"C'mon, we can't get caught." BEN whisper-yelled. But it didn't matter, the figure was already in front of you, Cally, and Kai.

"Oh my god.." A deep male voice quietly said. "It is.."

The next thing you hear is large stomps distancing away. When you turned around to look, you didn't see BEN anywhere.

"Christian." Cally said. "Is that you?"

You couldn't quite see the face due to the darkness of the hood of the sweater, and the darkness of the night, but the voice did seem a little familiar.

"Cally, jesus.." He exhaled worriedly. "It is you! Where have you been? I'm so sorry."

"Chris, not now.." Cally said hurriedly. Quickly, you noticed some movement on Kai's side of her. "We gotta go."

Christian looked between the two of you before asking "Why did you leave?"

Cally looked over at you, and vice-versa. The both of you had the look of 'Oh shit' and didn't know what to do or say. The two of you were stuck. You looked down at your feet as your sister tried to calmly explain why the two of you couldn't stay with your Aunt; but it's like he understood none of it. All he keeps repeating is "You gotta come back" and "You can't leave again."

"This is how it is, Christian. It's best that you stay out of this!" Cally said harshly. She stepped forward enough to reveal that she was holding Kai's hand; but when she came to a stop, her hand dropped and boom.

Christian lies on the grass next to the walk-way with a knife planted cleanly in his chest and BEN on top of him. Kai stands up, taking the knife with him, only to strike poor Christian in the stomach quicker, but harsher than the last. And it was then that you'd come to realization that BEN was hid up in the trees, planning to attack, and Cally wasn't holding Kai's hand romantically, she was trying to hold him back. The movement that you noticed was to stop him, and holding his hand was her stand on it.

Screams erupted. Cally couldn't help it, she just witnessed her old best friend, her old crush, get brutally stabbed in front of her. Kai looked up and over at her in shock before he jumped up and began holding his hand over her mouth; but she was resisting. She was thrashing, trying to get out of his grip to save her friends life. She could slowly see Christian slip away as he stared up at her, and only her.

"Get them out of here!" BEN commanded Kai. Kai nodded once before trying to carry Cal off. He was much stronger than her, her resists were nothing, so it was simply easy for him to do.

Kai, assuming you were following after, just kept trying to run. But no, you weren't gonna stand by and do nothing. You couldn't let this happen, he was your friend!

You looked over at BEN and began to walk. He was squatting and talking to Christian, but you couldn't hear what was being said. But it became clear when you finally stood next to them.

"I will call an ambulance, but you tell no one of who and what you've seen." And it was then that BEN looked up at you. "Go." Is all he said.

"No BEN." You said so plainly. "This is wrong; what have you guys done?"

You were disgusted, you were sad, you were scared, and above all, you felt kind of betrayed. It felt like a little bit of trust was slowly chipping away. Kind of like the walls at your guys' Aunts house.

All BEN did was look down and threaten him. And Christian complied.

"If you don't keep your mouth shut, I will find you and kill you."

It sent chills up and down your spine, the way he spoke just then. The goofy BEN you know has been replaced with the heartless and terrifying BEN.