CH. 14

You reached for the copper, oval-like door knob that opened up to your room and turned it. As soon as you opened the door a wave of an oddly good, old smell smashed over you. Although it was strong you didn't mind it one bit. You and your sister stepped in and before you shut the door Cally peered down the hall to make sure no one was around.

"Okay, we gotta think this through, (y/n)." Cally says sitting down in the rocking chair. "Are we staying here, or no?.."

"Where else do we have to go, Cal?" You quietly responded. "Aunt Ash is an abusive drunk, she tried to kill us.."

"We never did try Adam.. Maybe we can call him.." Cally said in a hushed tone. You looked up at your sister in shock. She's right, we never did call Adam. You see, Adam is our big brother. Older by 10 years. But he just kinda stopped doing anything with us ever since we moved in with our aunt. He'll still happily let us come over now that he's not dating his ex, but he refused to come and visit us.

"You're right." You say. "But, what about BEN? I don't want to hurt his feelings.."

"(Y/n), I don't know about you but I REALLY don't wanna live with killers. You CANNOT TRUST THEM. AT ALL." Cally stared at you for a few seconds eye to eye before carrying on. "I know this is a hard decision to make, I trusted BEN too. But you know what murderers and serial killers are good at? Hiding and deceiving."

It took a minute or two but finally you were able to process what she was saying completely. And you agreed. But still, you were unsure. BEN seems trustworthy; I trust him.

"Well.." Cally said as she waited for a response.

"Is this part of conjuring up a plan to leave?" You asked.

Cally nodded once before speaking. "Yeah, if you say yes this will be the start back home."

"And if Adam says no to us living with him?" You asked. Cally looked down then back up to you before shrugging.

"I haven't thought that far ahead, (y/n)." Cally says with a silly chuckle. Typical Cal.. You shook your head and looked to your right. You didn't even notice the nightstand that sits between the bed and door to the bedroom. When you looked closer you seen a note. Didn't look like a normal note though, it looked kind of ragged. You stretched your arm out and grabbed it but it fell out of your hand as you were pulling it to you.

"What's this?" Cally asked as she picked the paper up. "Who left this in here, it wasn't here before."

You shrugged. "Read it." You simply said.

"Okay.." Cally sighed and looked down before reciting what was on the paper.

"Girls, from this day forth this will be your new home. You already to know where you sleep and you know there are rules. What you do not know is that you'll be waking up brite and early to do simple shit around the house. Consider it training for your new positions as house cleaners, and you'll be learning from the best: Masky and Hoodie ~Jeff"

"...Yeah.. We're gonna try for Adam.." Your sister said with an agitated tone. You nodded.

"We don't let anyone know, (y/n), okay?" Cally said. You understood, but..

"Not even BEN?" You asked. BEN has been your best friend and he seemed so sincere when he was speaking to me when we first met face to face.

"Not even BEN. He's friends with the others." She said leaning back in the chair. "Wanna go ask about a phone?"

"You want them to know?" You ask, dumbfounded. Cally raised an eyebrow questioningly before sitting back up and saying "No. I'm gonna say I wanna check on our aunt. BEN DID mess her up pretty good."

It felt like a tsunami of fear and guilt washed over you. Did BEN kill Aunt Ash?