CH. 39

( Disclaimer: violent / dark themes )

Slenderman was kind enough to let us recover from our recent attacks on those mobster men for a few days, he told you and Cally when you approached him about the matter that he didn't want one of us to get hurt even worse by being out of shape and not ready. It wasn't so easy, though. You thought at one point you'd have to go get the rag and Jeffs sweater that she bled all over onto. But, have no fear, he was actually pretty understanding when you got right down to it. Now, you two sit using BENs laptop and paper notes to pinpoint the next piece of scum you have to exterminate.

"Chad F." Cally stated. "Killed 2 people. The first time was on an innocent elderly male; he was holding him at gunpoint during a robbery and pulled the trigger. He stated it was an accident, but I'm not sure I believe him after this next one, (Y/n).. The second time was when he was trying to make a get-away; he tried pulling a young man out of his own car but the guy put up resistance. Just shot the guy and left him in the road.."

"Who would do someone like that without feeling anything.." You say, grabbing at the paper. "I hope he knows it wasn't worth it." Cally nodded as she shook her head before continuing on with the list.

"Dominic C." She said, adjusting her chair. "Killed 1 person, critically injured another. He got a restraining order put against him after stalking his ex. One thing led to another, he ended up in her house. During the trial time period for his last crime he landed his girlfriend at the time in the hospital. She almost didn't make it."

"Sounds like a tried and true psychopath." You sighed. "Next one?"

"Warren M." She stated. "Killed 2 people. He met up with a buddy of his on the promise of him loaning some money to him: Warren. Buddy shorted him, Warren got upset, Warren came prepared and fought it out, the young man sitting on the steps behind his friend didn't make it out either.."

"That just seems so... childish.." Kai piped in. He took the papers from Callys hand and started scanning them one by one, making inaudible comments inbetween. As you nodded at him you felt a hand on your shoulder with wind flowing past your ears.

"Child, could you finish preparations for dinner? We have a visitor knocking at the door, I must tend to them."

"Yeah! No problem, Slendy." You smiled. "What do we set the oven temperature at?"

"It's Slender, Miss (Y/n). 425." Slender replied. "Light cheese, please."

You nodded up at the tall mannequin-like man before you went back to the discussion at hand. You held up your index finger as you stood up from the kitchen table, carefully pushing the chair in, and grabbing an apron. You'd never seen yourself wearing aprons before, but Slender was right.. it feels nice not having to change your clothes after handling flour.

"Keep talking, guys, I'll be listening." You said. "I'm leaning more toward Dominic."

You started setting the ovens cookin' temperature as you tuned in on the rest of the conversation between Cally and Kai. With your vote out there, there really wasn't much left on your behalf to do but to listen.

"I have to pick Warren. It takes a greedy motherfucker to do something so over-the-top like that and another neighborhood kid had to pay the price the buddy of his had forgotten about."

"I'm with Cal," Kai voted. "the papers say the kid was only eight-teen. He knew what he was doing when he was doing it, but he didn't stop it or even try to prevent something like that from happening."

"Two beats one," You said with a sympathetic smile. "I lose."

"That's the spirit!" Cally said, jumping up from her seat. She came up and wrapped an arm around your shoulders as she started picking at the stuffing from the bowl on the counter. You swear, on anything holy, she's like a three-year-old when it comes to dinner setting out.