CH. 9

"BEN took us here," Cally explained. "but he wouldn't tell me where we were heading. He said we'll find out later."

Your heart started beating faster and faster. You lied back down and stared up at the ceiling wondering why it was so dark and chilly in the room the two of you were in. All at once you started thinking of all the worst possible outcomes that might happen. 'What if we can't stay here? We'll be made to go back to Aunt Ash. What if we get murdered? Our big brother and friends won't have the closure of knowing where we are and if we're alright.'

Trying to get those pestering thoughts out of your head you decided to try and do something to keep your mind off of it. You swung your legs over the spring-boxed mattress.

"What are you doing?" Your sister asked. 'What AM I doing?'

"I don't know.." You answered. "I'm gonna try to find a light switch, it's dark in here." And with that you held out your arms and used your hands as a way to make sure you didn't run into anything that might be in your path. Your hands met with a cold touch of a wall. You searched all up and down the wall but didn't find a thing even remotely close to a light switch. So you started for the right of the wall and soon enough you reached a corner. Once more, you searched it up and down but the only thing different from the last time is this time you actually found something of a light switch. You flipped it up, but it didn't do anything. Annoyed, you rapidly switched it on and off until finally, you seen light. You were amazed at what you saw when you turned around. The walls, the amazing black outlined swirly floral designs on the dark-ish brown walls. And the medium sized dark fireplace right across from the bed that your were in, it was just beautiful. 

"Do you like what you see, children?" A mysterious voice asked. 

'Where'd it come from? It didn't come from anywhere. How? It sounded like it came from everywhere, but no where, there is no telling where it came from. Is it just in my head?' You thought. 

"Precisely."

Suddenly, there was a little bit of creaking behind you before you felt a cold slight of wind on your back. You stood there holding your arm, too terrified to turn around.

"Who are you?" Cally asked.

"You will learn as you go." The voice says. "But for now, we need BEN in here."

You had just turned around just in time to see BEN waltzing into the bedroom with smile on his face.

"How's your arm?" He asked as he came to a stop in front of you. That was a difficult question to answer to; you couldn't even feel it. You shrugged.

You looked over at this.. thing only to be met with clothing. It looked like the design of a suit you'd wear to work or something. You followed the clothing going up and you were finally met with a face. Although not just any face. There was no face at all. But somehow, it was staring at you.

"Do not fret, child." The voice said. "I mean no harm unless it is necessary."

You couldn't stop the worrying, but you could try to stop the visible shaking.

"Can you tell us where we are now, BEN?" Cally asked. BEN looked up at the faceless being before looking between yourself and Cally.

"This is where I live." BEN said. "This is where many like me live."

"Murderers." Cally said casually. "Nice, there's more."

"Should we take them outta here? Show them around?" BEN asked. The faceless being stood there for a couple seconds, probably thinking, before nodding once. "Make sure everybody is calmed down." BEN said. And with that the faceless thing vanished within a blink of an eye.