CH. 29

BEN's P.O.V.

I stepped outside the backdoor right after Jeff ran out to see what all the fuss was about and seen Jeff chasing Cally around the well we had. She was still smiling and Jeff was still shouting things at her. Some say happiness is contagious, some don't believe it. I believe it really only occurs every once in a while. I'm an example. I smiled and leaned against the wall next to the backdoor as I watched them goof around.

This is what life is gonna be like with them with us. It's so much more fun!

+-+-+-+

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

You sat in the rocking chair you'd dragged over to the window and watched as your sister and Jeff ran around the back yard. You smiled to yourself.

She seems so happy here finally. You thought. You'd like to keep it that way. Though you've tried to think of countless ways to get out of committing murder, you haven't thought of a single one that has even a slim chance of success. But you'd thought of one way to secure Callys happiness; you ask if you could deal with her kills yourself. That would mean six kills in total on your behalf.

If it means it'd protect Cally, you'd do it in a heartbeat. You took into consideration on how many people carry and hide weapons with them for defense purposes, you do not want one of those people to come in contact with either of you. Admittedly, you felt scared. An adrenaline-like feeling rushed through your entire body as you hid your face in your hands. You didn't know what to do, you felt unprepared, and most of all you felt unease. Partially because of that kiss you landed on BEN. Though it wasn't anything special, you didn't know how he felt about it. So that made a little part of you die on the inside. But also because you don't even know how you're going to kill someone.

'Which weapon? Am I capable?'

You can't come to a definite conclusion. But, when it gets right down to it, it doesn't matter. You have no choice, right? You just gotta.. Go with the flow for now. That was your dads go-to plan, he used to think it'd make things right eventually. Suppose the belief has been inherited.

A loud POW coming from outside snapped you back to reality and you jumped. You leaned forward to see a little more out the window and noticed Cally holding a shoe.. And she's also missing a shoe... And Jeff is protecting his face.... She threw her shoe at him and it hit the house...

You sighed, but smiled even bigger than last time. It was about time you joined in on the fun.

                                                                                      +-+-+-+

You marched right out the back door and was prepping to charge for Cally and Jeff, but was almost immediately pulled back into a hug from behind. Instinctively, you thrashed for a couple seconds, but when you looked up you seen BEN staring down at you with a big grin. You had no time to say anything before you felt a peck on your lips.

"We're even now, (y/n)!" BEN said. Before he opened the back door to walk inside, he winked at you and stuck his tongue out. And with that, he stepped inside.

'Everything's a game to him.. '

You weren't even gonna follow him, you still wanted to kick Cally and Jeffs ass'. But you felt ecstatic. He actually reciprocated the feelings! You stood there in awe for a couple minutes smirking and staring at your shoes before running toward Jeff and Cally. That was definitely a win.

"(Y/N)!" Cally shouted. "Tackle him, do it!"

Of course, being the best big sister you are, you chose the best course of action! You ran full speed toward your poor little sister and jumped. Jeff started yelling and laughing in victory as he came running over.

"You're pinned, girly, you won't win now." Jeff plopped down on her right after you got up and lied horizontally across her to keep her pinned.

"What is with you people and sitting on me!" Cally said, troubled, as she lied there in defeat. "Is it a new trend?!"

"I'm not even sitting on you." Jeff antagonized. "I'm laying down."

"Haw haw, smartass!"

You stood there giggling at their playfulness. Cally looked up at you and suddenly had a sparkle in her eyes. She mouthed over "Help" and "Betrayyy himmm".

That would be fun, huh. You thought. So you walked up next to the right of Jeffs head and smiled gently down at him. He was eyeballing you the whole walk through, he surely knew what was coming, so you had to act quick! You quickly got him in a headlock and attempted to drag him away, but it did not work out that way. You got maybe two steps in before your arms just gave in and fell like pool noodles being swung around. He made it onto his feet and tables had turned. It was you who was now in a headlock.

"Girly put you up to it, huh?" He said chuckling. You started squirming to release yourself but to no avail. "If you keep this up you're just gonna get a good taste of a fucking noogie."

You went limp and just started laughing hysterically, letting your arms droop in defeat. But Cally still had some fight in her. She pounced onto his back and latched on, but was quickly put to a stop when a voice called out.

"Cally, (y/n), BEN wants you guys." Jane yelled out to us.

All of us were still standing in the same spots and positions we were in before, but Cally broke it by raising her hand with a thumbs up.

She hopped off of Jeff and patted his back.

"'Til next time." And with that she walked away. You started to follow, but caught notice that Jeff was staring at her very intently with a grin.

"Don't accept defeat like this!" You say jokingly. Though delayed, it caught his attention and he started to laugh.

"You really think I lost to her?" And with that he started laughing harder. You smiled and walked into the kitchen, making sure to leave your now dirty shoes next to the door.

You started looking around for Cally and BEN, but must've been looking for too long because they came and found you in the middle of the hallway.

"I got a plan worked out for you two." BEN started. "You two can do a monthly thing."