CH. 17

You sighed and looked down at your feet. Different things ran through your thoughts; such as 'When did he change it?' and 'Was he planning on telling us?' But, much like everything else you had to push those thoughts aside for more important things to be done. Cally stood up straight and sat down in the rocking chair that was beside the bed.

"We're gonna have to stick through until we come up with something else, huh?" She asked as she started rocking back and forth.

You half smiled and gave a quick nod. "Afraid so, Cal." Things didn't turn out the way either of you wanted but you still had a sliver of hope. For what though? Some of it was hope that everything will work out, some of it was hope that you won't be fooled here, and some of it was hope that these people here are good people. Killers? Maybe, but you don't think you'd mind if they cared as much for you guys as you do your sister, and likewise with her. Like BEN. Ever since you woke up here he's been nothing but comforting and friendly! Yes, you still have to keep a keen eye out but what you feel with BEN is kind of different.

So sudden, something pounded on the bedroom once. Just once. Cally stopped rocking in the chair and looked at you with a confused and shocked expression. You gave the same look, if not worse, and just stood there waiting. If someone wanted to get your attention they'd just knock again, right?

Nothing happened though. Confused, you cautiously made your way to the door and opened it and to your surprise you found something strange. A sleeping bag and a pillow in a transparent box type thing.

You drug the thing into the bedroom and over by your bed as you plopped down on it and examined it; only to find that there was a note inside of the sleeping bag.

This is Darks sleeping set-up. Best get to bed soon, Slenderman said he'd be waking you girls up bright and early to grab your things. –K. Kai

You looked up at your sister with furrowed eyebrows and handed her the note. You watched as she read it but through-out reading he she kept the same confused-shocked look. Once she finished the note she looked up at the grey and black striped sleeping bag then back up to you.

"I think I might have a plan, Danny." She whispered, staring at you. "We'll talk about it tomorrow, but we should probably head to bed right now. We have to wake up bright and early."

You didn't quite understand what she was getting at, but she was trying to subtly clue you in on something. Cally got up from the chair and put the sleeping bag and pillow back in the case then walked to the door, and you followed.

About to step out, she looked you dead in the eye and said "Night, (y/n). I love you." And with that she disappeared down the hall.

You left the door open as you walked back to your bed, just in case if something happens you can hear your sister scream for help and you'd be able to hear her. You sat there staring at the beautiful fireplace across from your bed. Though it's not lit, it still looked gorgeous with the floral pattern embedded into it. It's almost the same as the walls pattern. You lied there on your bed and stared at it for what seems like forever until something broke the trance.

"Hey, you're awake." BEN said, poking his head in. He sounded a little pissed off, but that might be because of Jeff. They fight like actual brothers, y'know..

You looked up at him while nodding.

"Yup." And with that, you looked back at the fireplace. BEN looked between you and the fireplace and must've caught on to the love you have for it because he walked over to your nightstand, opened the second drawer to it, and pulled matches out. You ultimate knew what this was going to lead to. Your body would have been burned to the stake and they'd have you for brunch tomorrow. Nah, just kidding! He walked over to the fireplace, squatted, and started messing around on the inside of it for a moment before standing up, lighting the match, and letting it fall in. The speed it took for the fire to burst into something big and beautiful was astonishing! You smiled over at him but he had his back turned. He just stood and stared at the fire, didn't bother turning around. Something seems off in your eyes, but what judge are you as of right now, right? Especially dealing with blood-coaters.

It took a couple minutes but BEN finally turned around but instead of staying to talk like you had hoped, he had went for the door.

"You should probably get some sleep, we gotta get up to get your needed items from your old house before anyone wakes up tomorrow morning." BEN said. He said it in such a flat tone, it almost sounded like he was upset about something. 'What would be troubling him though', you wondered.

"Wait, what's wrong?" You asked. You hadn't meant to let it slip, but since it happened..

"Nothing." Is all he said. He didn't even stop to look at you. Something's definitely wrong.

"Hey," You shot up from your bed. Trying to apply little to no pressure to the injury was hard though so you didn't make it far. You ended making a pain-filled sound and leaned on your uninjured arm to get up.

That sure got his attention. He stopped mid-way and stared at you before asking if you were alright.

"I'm fine, come sit." You ordered. You never thought you'd be ordering around a killer. Especially one that is pissed.