CH. 41

You see Jeff charge at the man sitting in the corner behind his computer desk and kick him square in the dome. If he wasn't confused before he is now. 

"C'mon, let's go." Jeff commands. He steps to the side and creates a path way for one of us to enter the scene. The sirens got louder, so much louder, we simply don't have time to sit and discuss who does what and when; you approached the man, knife in hand, and squatted to eye level.

"Do you think they were this scared?" You asked quietly. "Do you think they knew what was happening? And why?"

"WHO ARE YOU?" He screamed into your face. You felt the heat from his mouth on your nose, and his spit landing around your face. Oh boy...

You took your knife and shoved it into his upper arm, nearly his shoulder.

"You don't need that information." Cally stated. She took landline sitting on the edge of his desk and threw it at his body. "All you need to know is you fucked up time after time. Getting it in with the wrong people has done really, really bad for you my man."

She walked closer to his desk and leaned on it, resting her head in her arms crevice.
"You done fucked up..."

You looked up at Jeff who was standing at the door now, leaning out. He kept turning his head in every direction, maybe he heard something out there and wants to investigate it for us?

"You girls take care of him, I'll be right back."

The two of you nodded in sync as Cally spoke.
"Okay.. Please hurry back." She said, rubbing the back of her neck.
She's anxious.

Jeff nodded as he walked out the door, leaving just the three of you. 

"You do it." You commanded. "You take this."

Cally stared at you silently, but agreed to it. She gripped her own knife and held it close. Warren sat there on the floor holding your knife, which was still in his shoulder, not daring to take it out. The fear of bleeding out was real.

But you needed your knife back, you couldn't just leave it in his arm, so you took it out and held your beautiful (k/c) weapon for a few seconds more before stuffing it back in your waistband of your pants. Your sister stood there focused on him, wondering how she's supposed to do this. She felt guilt. The last man was actively attacking her when she fought him and won, she felt justified. But there was no justifying this, as he sits there staring at them both, waiting. She didn't feel right, she didn't feel like it was right. But, she didn't have too much of a choice. As she approached him with her knife raised, she found herself hesitant; that is, until there was a loud crash coming from the front of building and a lot of yelling.

Jeff practically jumps back in the room, using the doorway for stability and shouting obscenities.

"Hurry, we need to finish this shit!" Jeff says all but quietly.

Cally froze for a second, but quickly snapped back to it and lunged for the man but, it was far too late for this now. Jeff didn't even glance into the room before he grabbed the nearest person and darted a sharp left out of there. That nearest person was you. His grip was strong to carry you, to force you to run at his pace.

"GO!" He shouted as he left the area.

You didn't realize how loud the sirens actually were before, your adrenaline had to have drowned it out somehow, but now.. Now you could hear the loud stomping, the noise of all the boxes that was now littered across the whole store being crushed beneath their feet. You could see we were closing in on the exit. So that was where Jeff went. He went and prepared the nearest exit.

"We're almost there!" You shouted. You weren't sure how loud you shouted, though. Your speeding heart covered that sound for sure. You turned to grab hold of your sisters hand to keep her at pace with us two but.. you-... you weren't even close to grabbing hold of her.

Someone else already had.

You seen red.

"YOU GUYS!"

You seen black.

                   "DON'T LEAVE ME,"

You seen everything a blur. Yet you still ran.

You watched as Cally broke free of their grip and made a run for it. She ran, she reached for the door, but just as her foot made it past the threshold one of the bulky men grabbed her by the neck of her shirt and her hair and puller her down.

                  "NO!!" She screamed.

And you watched as she struggled on the ground as you and Jeff climbed the building next to you.

"This is her, these are the ones from the last o-" You listened in on the mens talking,but once you got so far it all became incoherent. You stopped for just a brief second, but when you looked down and noticed one of the men were trying to climb up with you Jeff yanked up on your arm, hard. You took one last look as she was being hauled off in cuffs.

                                               This.. was it for her..