CH. 24

"Christian, we're so sorry!" You squeaked. He didn't say anything back, but his eyes locked onto yours. It felt like sand bags were weighing down on your stomach as each second passed by that you were looking into his eyes. The tsunami of guilt was just about enough to drown someone.

"We gotta go before we're caught by the paramedics." BEN said as he latched onto your elbow. "C'mon." And with that, he started pulling you.

You looked down at your old pal one last time to see him coughing up enough blood to save a newborn baby; he was in pretty bad condition. You wondered if it were able to be fixed.

"Don't feel bad, it was for the best thing to do for our sake, (y/n)."

The words he spoke then, you knew were the truth. If you had been caught you and your sister would have to spill the beans. You'd have to explain why you left, who you left with, why the people you left with were killers, and why you came back in the first place. But it didn't stop fury that leveled to your head when he said it.

"BEN, not right now."

                                                                      +-+-+-+

"We're fucked, we're really fucked here, (y/n)!" Cally exclaimed as she paced hers and Kais room. Eyes widened and eyebrows raised and furrowed, she was scared. Cally was concerned for obvious reasons, and she was scared that BEN would turn on them just as easily as it was to kill poor Christian. Her mind was racing, and yours was too.

"Cally, Cally, sit! Down!" You worriedly demanded of you sister. She didn't bother listening though, she continued pacing and even started biting at her nails some more.

The two of you were in their room for almost an hour and a half. The whole time spent in there neither of you wanted to talk to any of the murderers.. Until now.

You got up from the computer desk chair and sauntered your way over to the bedroom door, so as not to alarm Cally, and you say

"I'm gonna be back in a little bit, Cal.."

She stared at you for a moment with the same expression from before until she gave a small go-ahead nod. And with that, you opened the door and shut it quietly behind you before making your way to BENs room.

When you approached his bedroom door you were gonna whip the door open and attack him head on, but you decided taking a calmer route might get you some place better than dead. But then, you heard talking.

"They're not going to forgive us.." BEN said lowly.

You heard a little bit of shuffling from behind the door before you heard Kai start saying something.

"I know, dude... I know.. What are they gonna do?"

"Man.." BEN started, but didn't finish.

"You already know as much as I do that if they decided they really don't wanna stay here anymore because of this, they can't leave." Kai reminded him. Your heart rate picked up, you didn't want to believe this is coming from these two.

"I know dude, I know.. I.. I just.. No, I can't, I won't.." BEN progressively got irritated till the end of the sentence then let out a big sigh of agitation. "They're safe under my responsibility."

"I'm in the same boat as you are, BEN, but Slenderman won't let it slide." Kai said in a breath-y tone. "He can tell when we lie."

You took your ear away from the door and rested a hand on the wall next to the doorway.

'Were they talking about helping us leave? Were they talking about us staying and them protecting us? What do they mean?' You thought to yourself. The curiosity was pulling at you, but they couldn't know you were listening in, that's crazy talk! They'd be wondering why you were eavesdropping. But still, what could they be talking about..

After standing there for a couple seconds, thinking, you finally decided to gather up the courage to knock on his door. The talking from the other side stopped. After a tiny wait of you just staring at the door, it finally opened up and you were met with the glowing eyes of BEN. He stopped all movement for less than a second before he quickly pulled you into a really tight hug. Shocked by his sudden outburst of affection, you tensed up and looked over at his head, only to be met with his ear.

"BEN, can we go in your room?"

He moved his head in such a way where he was briefly almost looking at the ground, resting his nose on your shoulder, and tightened the hug before releasing and letting his arms fall. Though, one arm lingered and was now resting a hand on your shoulder. BEN guided you inside with a sympathetic smile.

"What's wrong, (y/n)." BEN said. It wasn't even asked, it sounded like he just wanted to listen.

"We're going crazy over here, BEN, what do we do?"

You stared down at your feet and folded your hands in front of your stomach, awaiting an answer, but all you got was an "Uhhm..."

"(Y/n)." Kai said sternly from behind BEN. "Would you mind sitting?" He said gesturing toward BENs bed. So as to not annoy them or something, you obliged.

You stepped your way carefully to BENs bed and looked up at the two, but soon after you sat down BEN plopped right next you. He left leg room, but he was awfully close..

"How do you feel? Really." BEN asked leaning in. "I want you to be completely honest."

"Well.." You started. "If you want honesty; I feel scared right now. I feel betrayed, I feel stupid, and I feel-.. Feel weak.."

You averted your eyes away from BENs eyes and stared right down at the blanket that the two of you were sitting on. Kai grabbed the wooden chair that sat in BENs corner of the room and sat next to you guys and grunted as he sat. What an old fart, amirite. But it seemed Kai had a sudden realization. His eyes dropped and he just kinda.. slumped a sight little bit before he stood up and walked out, shutting the door behind him.

"Why." BEN said so simply, you questioned whether or not he was toying with you.

"I don't know what's going to happen. Cally's freaking out, she's so scared for our friend Christian, and I just let it happen, I-..."

Your throat was combating the feeling to let loose the tears, but you just had to finish the sentence. Something within you was just urging you to.

"Had we not gone today, this wouldn't have happened right?" You said. You felt it coming on stronger, you were about to cry. No amount of combat would let you escape the water-works. "Right?"

And there you have it, you felt the tears trickle down your cheeks as your bottom lip began twitching and the corners of your mouth started being tugged down. You thought you wouldn't do it again, but you did.