CH. 19

You stared at BEN as he wandered over to your door. He looked calm enough, but the both of you took a hit to the nerves. BEN wrapped his hand around the doorknob to your room and twisted it slowly until it unlatched. He left the door cracked a little bit; enough to peek around, and stood there staring out for a minute.

"Hey, BEN.." You hear your sister say. "Can I come in?"

Without hesitation BEN opened the door and waited patiently for Cally to enter the room before letting himself out. Cally walked over to your bed slowly with a confused look. The first thing your sister noticed when she approached you was the sadness that overtook your face.

"Have you been crying, (y/n)?" She asked. You contemplated lying, but you knew she'd quickly figure out that you weren't being truthful by the tear stains down your cheeks, so you just went with it. You sighed and nodded.

"Did he hurt you?" She whisper-yelled. "Tell me."

"No, he didn't." You said innocently. "He helped me." That must've sent your sister into a world of confusion because she stood there with a surprised-confused facial expression. She sat at the edge of your bed and it looked like she was waiting on you say more, but there really wasn't much else to say. In a way, BEN confronting you helped.

"How did BEN help you?" Cally asked. You smiled.

"He helped me get over my fears a little, Cal." You looked up at Cally and smiled even bigger. "Don't worry about it." And with that flung yourself backwards onto your new bed and stared at the ceiling. You didn't notice it before, but the ceiling has a pretty design embedding into the painting. It almost looks like tiny wave-looking things going in rows.

'Who did the designs here?' You wondered. 'I'll ask BEN about that, too.'

"What?" Cally asked. "What do you mean? How?"

"I trust him, Cally." You blurted. "Whole-heartedly."

Her confused looks turned into an 'Are you f*cking kidding me?' look.

"(y/n), listen-" Cally started, but before she went any further you had interrupted her with a shake of your head.

"We have things to talk about tomorrow. BEN and I." You informed her. "You need to come talk, too. It'll be for the best."

Cally sat silently, nodding. 'She doesn't seem like she wants to trust them' You thought. 'Understandably so, but this is odd. She isn't willing to. And she's not gonna let me convince her to, but maybe one of THEM can.'

Though you sat in silence, it didn't bother you. It was that very moment that you kind of felt at peace. It wouldn't last very long, you knew that, so you lied there cherishing every little bit of it. Though, you couldn't say the same for Cally. You heard her sigh and get up from the bed. When you opened your eyes and looked up you were met with the tired eyes of your sister.

"You look tired." You began. "What happened to going to bed?"

"Kai snores.." Cally says, drooping her body. "And it won't stop."

You chuckled a little bit before sitting up and folding your hands neatly in your lap.

"You could smother 'im. It'll take care of ONE problem!" You say, innocently looking around the room. Cally broke into a small fit of laughter.

"That's one way to deal with it." She said through her small laughs. "It's okay, I'll just have to get past it. G'night, Danny." And with that she walked out of your room and probably into the shared bedroom that she now half owns. Now, it was just you. You looked around your room, admiring it. Though you were tired, you didn't feel like sleep was necessary at that moment but then, thoughts of tomorrow busted through. You had to get up early tomorrow and you knew that.

You crawled your way up your pillows and gently placed your head on the one closest to the nightstand. They were really soft; silky, almost, you might say. A dull ache pooled around in your arm. It'd been like that for a while now, but it's getting to a point where it's annoying and more noticeable. You tried every position to try and help it but to no avail.

'Maybe it'll go away tomorrow.' You thought to yourself. 'Hopefully.' And with that, you let yourself fall into a soft slumber.

                                                              + - + - + - +

BEN crept silently into your room to wake you up that morning. It was 4:00am, just the right time for everyone to be asleep and it'll give you guys more than enough time to get what you need from the old house and get out. Should be a piece of cake, step one is to get the required people awake.

He extended his arm out to shake you awake but when he took a simple glimpse of your face, he just froze. The only thing he could do was stare; to him, you slept like an angel. 'Absolutely gorgeous' He thought. He couldn't let his feelings blind him right now, he was still kind of mad you, after all. 'I gotta keep my eyes on priority number one, not two.' He reminded himself. Seeing as to how slick he is, he smiled proudly at himself. 'I gotta remember that one.'

"Hey, time to wake up!" BEN excitedly said. "We have to get ready!"