CH. 28

Uh oh, bad news. Something told you that whatever was on BENs mind wasn't good when you seen him standing in the living room, who'da thought the hunch would be right, amirite?

"What would that news be?" You asked lowly. You were almost shaking out of curiosity and, possibly, anxiety. To be sure it wouldn't be noticed you just folded your hands in your lap and awaited an answer.

"I got to talking to the big man.." BEN started. "How would you feel killing only the bad people?"

Your eyes widened and you sat up straight. You could feel your heart rate pick up as you replayed the question in your head. How would you feel killing only the bad people? Taking any life is punishable and cruel, is that really your only option? Killing people? You'd kinda figured that'd be what it would boil down to, but you didn't let yourself believe it. Until now.

"Danny?" BEN said, concern evident in his voice. "Are you okay, you're looking a little pale. Should I get Cal in here?" He said as he started to stand up. Without hesitation you reached your hand out and sat it on top of his and nodded your head.

"I'm fine, BEN." You assured. "I just need time to.. Think on this... And to think of a way to tell Cally."

BEN slowly sat back down while nodding. He understood that you two weren't as fucked up as the rest of 'em, he understood the pain and fear. This.. is why you liked him so much.

You looked down at the table and pushed your chair out before standing up yourself. Though you were still upset, you bent over the table and came face to face with BEN. You leaned there staring into his black and red eyes before pecking his cheek with a small kiss.

"I know you don't want this anymore than I do. It's not your fault." And with that, you left the kitchen and headed for your bedroom. You needed your own time to think about it before you go any further. And no better place to do that than your own room.

+-+-+-+

BENs P.O.V.

I watched (y/n) walk out of the kitchen with her head down. She.. She kissed me. She didn't even have fear of getting my black eye goo on her lips. Never I would have thought that she would actually pursue anything since.. Because.. I'm scary. And I just told her she has to kill to not be killed. You would think that'd send a girl like her running to the hills.. I guess I underestimated her. But what about her sister? I'm still questionable about her and how she's going to take it.

"Nice job." A voice said with a chuckle next to my head. It immediately snapped me out of my thoughts and even made me jump a little, but it was only Jeff.

"What?" I asked.

Jeff only furrowed the places where his 'brows should be and said "I seen what happened. You definitely got her."

"I didn't get anything, Jeff." I said grumpily. "The only thing I got was a sad friend and broken trust.."

I threw myself up off of my seat and trudged over to our cupboard and grabbed myself a glass cup.

"That didn't look like broken trust, man." Jeff said in irritation. "You know they're going to adapt, right?"

I shot death glares straight into his lidless eyes before snapping at him. "She was probably hoping I'd keep her away from this mess that they didn't even want to be in in the first place!"

"Good point." Jeff raised his hands above his head like he was surrendering. "But you did now, didn't you? There's not a single point in wasting time by being angry and puffy about it because it happened, and there's no going back. You just gotta deal with it, and so do they. Simple as that."

Jeff shrugged as he looked me in the eyes and shut the cupboard that I'd forgotten to shut. At this point we were face to face. I've always wanted to punch Jeff in the face, it's just kinda an everyday thing now, but what I felt right then was an even bigger urge to do it, with much more force than I usually deal.

"Asshole." I mutter.

"Dickwad." Jeff smiled wider and sauntered out of the kitchen, probably feeling content that he's had his daily dose of 'Annoy the fuck out of BEN' fill.

I sighed as I looked over at the sink. Realizing that I'd never gotten my drink, I rolled my eyes and walked over to it, turning the tap on.

As I was rinsing the cup out the memory of (y/n) kissing me kept replaying over and over. My face progressively began to burn up and my heart feels odd each time I think about it. Excitement? Though it's such a foreign thing to me, my feelings for her sure have changed from the time when we'd first met to now. My heart ached every time I thought of the mission. 3 people. That's all. But yet it seems like so much to her.. It wouldn't be a good idea for me to train her with weapons, I don't think that'd be right, it might make her feel worse, so asking around the most skilled killers for help seems plausible.

"Fuck off, you hooded prick!"

Cally dashed into the kitchen, around the island counter, and quickly undid the locks on the back door so she could run outside. Following in suit came Jeff barreling into the kitchen, slipping over his own Vans. Cally made it out of the house flashing a toothy smile, and Jeff started laughing maniacally. Nothing to be concerned about.. I hope..

(Y/n) must not've told her yet.