CH. 15

"Cally? Did he kill Aunt Ash?" You asked with a serious tone. You felt a weird feeling in your gut. Mixed emotions. You felt guilt, you felt panicked, and worst of all you felt a little relieved. And that alone made the guilt double up.

Cally shook her head slowly back and forth but kept her eyes on you. "No." She said in a monotone voice. "He didn't. If it hadn't have been for me, she would have died though." She moved her head to look to the left of her before just letting her head hang. "Half of me regrets it though. That's not good, (y/n)."

You looked at your sister in shock. Although you couldn't blame her, you never really expected this from her. Wanting someone dead? She may put on a tough-suit but she is still caring and sweet. 'Has she always wanted Aunt Ash dead?' You wondered.

"It's not your fault, Cal." You comforted. "She made it this way. She made US this way." You smiled at her before you outstretched your arm and placed your hand upon her shoulder. "As long as you don't do anything stupid, you have nothing to feel bad about."

You think she understood what you meant by doing something stupid because she looked up at you and nodded with an awkward smile.

"So, wanna go ask about-" Cally sentence was cut short when BEN happily opened the door.

BEN raised an eyebrow as he shut the room door before asking "Ask about what?

You and Cally shared knowing looks. She knew that SHE was gonna have to be the one to lie out of this one. You could never pull off a lie. Not even the smallest; you would always start smiling randomly.

"We'd like to check up on our aunt." Cally said facing BEN. She fake flinched away when BEN gave a confused expression. She's pretty good at this...

"What? Why?" BEN asked with little agitation. He started looking between the both of you as he started speaking again. "After the hell she put you both through, you want to check on her? She almost KILLED you, may I remind you, (y/n)?"

Cally furrowed her eyebrows. "Everyone in this mansion. You love them, don't you? They're like family, right? Unconditional love, BEN. Look it up." She went to open the door and walk out of the room but BEN grabbed her by the arm, gently, so as not to hurt her.

"Fine." BEN said. "I understand, calm down."

Cally stood there staring at him with an agitated look before nodding and walking to your side.

"I'll go talk to Slendy, okay?" BEN assured. "I'll be right back." And with that he opened up the door and stepped out. He didn't close the door, so he'll probably only be a couple seconds.

"That was easy.." Cally whispered to you. "I really didn't think he'd give in that quick, (y/n)."

"That was great, Cally." You beamed. "Good job!"

"So, do you think she's alright?" You sister blurted. She winked at you. You must have missed something, but you knew you were supposed to go with it!

"I'm sure she's fine. I didn't see what happened, but I know BEN's a nice person, he would have let her live." You pretended to assure. You pulled her into a side hug and smiled. "Don't worry."

Seconds after you told your sister not to worry BEN poked his head in from the doorway. Then his hand. Then he motioned the 'come hither' in the air staring at Cally.

"You're allowed to make the call." BEN said. He sounded kind of.. Off. Not like his usual self, in your opinion. Cally nodded and walked to him. She looked over at you, gave a thumbs up, and said "Wish me luck.." And with that she and BEN set off.

It felt like you sat in that room for forever until BEN had returned but the watch that you wore said it had only been six minutes.

"Wow.." BEN said shutting the door. He faced you as he stood in front of the door and said "Your sister.. She's a little hot-headed.. I didn't mean to upset her."

You shrugged and tilted your head. "You get used to it after a while." You smiled. "I have a suspicion that Jeff is way worse, though."

"No doubt about that, Danny." BEN laughed. He must have noticed the sudden plain look on your face because he stopped laughing. "...Are you okay?"