CH. 20

Quickly, you shot up. Though you dreamt of something good you were so used to waking up to the bad; Aunt Ash, so just as soon as you were up you were back down covering your head using your arms. That dull ache turned into something much more, something of a stinging going up and down your arm. But you didn't let that bother you.

When you looked up to a dumbfounded BEN you felt a field-sized wave of relief washed over you.

"You okay?" BEN asked so quickly; it made you chuckle. It just sounded funny, it was even funnier with his expression!

"I'm okay, I'm just used to our Aunt, BEN." You assured. "Where's Cally?" You asked.

BEN smiled and pointed his thumb toward the door.

"She's eating breakfast with Kai before we go." BEN said. "Wanna go join them?"

Though you didn't feel hungry, you wanted that food. The smell of maple bacon flowed through the house and that's how you came to the conclusion that you wanted it. BEN took notice of you sniffing into the air every other second and chuckled.

"Let's go." He said smiling his way to the door; and you followed. As you two made your way to the kitchen you couldn't help but notice how messed up BENs hair looked. It looked like he hadn't taken a brush through it in weeks; just a comb in it every couple of days. But the way it looked, the messy look, it suited him and his golden blonde hair.

"(Y/n)!" Your sister exclaimed. "My god you're up!"

Cally jumped up from the table and over to you and BEN. Kai watched as he was swiftly ditched in sadness.

"How do you feel?" Your sister asked happily. You shrugged. Tell her the truth and say your arm is stinging or lie and say you're fine?

"My arm's not feeling so great, but it's fine." You said truthfully. "It's probably just irritated."

Cally nodded in agreement then looked at BEN. She lifted her head stood there for a moment before finally speaking.

"(Y/n)?" She said. "Can I speak to you. Just us?"

You already know what she wants to talk about: if we're actually going to do this. Yes, you were iffy on it. No, you have no other choice. No one else to go to. So yes, we are going to have to do this. Do you feel bad? Yeah you didn't want to keep you and your sister on edge constantly, but, it's better than starving to death on the streets because you have no home to go to. So of course you're going to stay some place that has air conditioning and food.

"Of course, what is it?" You asked walking with her.

"Should we do this? This is our last chance to back out, maybe even make a run for it when we get to the house." She whispered. So that was her plan, huh?

"Was this the plan you were telling me about?" You asked. As she nodded you looked over at BEN to see him smiling and laughing along with Kai as they fought over a piece of bacon. ...They're gonna break that glass table.. You didn't want to do it.. BEN's proved enough to you to show he won't do anything. And you didn't want to hurt BEN.

"I don't think we should do anything, Cal." You told her. "I'll explain everything later, okay?"

"But this is our only chance, (y/n)." Cally said furrowing her eyebrows.

"Did you and Kai get along?" You blurted. Cally stood there with a strange expression, but nodded nonetheless.

"He didn't kill you. You're standing right in front of me. You're alive." You had something to prove. And that something was something BEN told you. And you were going to prove it. "Just give it a couple more days and let's see how things work out, okay? Then, maybe we can talk to BEN about a plan B."

Cally sighed heavily and looked over at the crazy pair before nodding and saying "Alright."

You guys stood there looking at the shiny wooden floor. You were left to your thoughts, just pondering. And Cally was thinking of different plans to escape for when they get there, at your aunts house; just in case you had a sudden change in heart, of course.

"Alright, you girls ready?" BEN walked up, smiling. "We should get going before it gets too bright out."

Your sister looked up at BEN, then at you before saying "I'll go get my shoes." Then angrily walked away. You shook your head and looked up at a confused BEN and at an even more confused Kai who just walked up.

"What's wrong?" BEN asked. He seemed genuinely concerned. You just shook your head again.

"She just likes to pick fights sometimes, then she gets mad.." You lied. You'll talk to him about this all later, anyway.

BEN nodded, then shrugged.

"Is she staying here or coming with us for this trip?" BEN asked.

"She's going.." You said quietly. And with that, you walked upstairs to your new room to retrieve your shoes.

"..Let's do this.." You said quietly to yourself. "Let's do this.."

                                              + - + - + - +

All throughout the neighborhood was nothing but dead silence. The family down the street must have moved, they aren't playing their loud music right now. And as we inched our way closer to our old house no 'Missing' sign has been seen.

"Ready girls?" BEN said crouching below your old window. Cally shrugged then looked at you, as if to get the 'Okay' to do it, so you nodded. As BEN fiddled with the window you and Cal were supposed to keep an eye out. If we see someone, we had to hide. But Aunt Ash never kept up with the yard without us, so the bushes are high enough to hide us whole.

BEN got the window open and slowly slid it up to quiet the creaking then crouched back down.

He looked us in the eyes and smiled wide.
"Let's get started."