CH. 27

Your P.O.V.

You grabbed the spatula from the counter top and headed straight for Callys head. Callys eyes widened and she took off, and slid while doing so. She had a huge smile plastered on her face and she swung herself around the corner of the kitchen door. You had better reflexes and made the sharp corner without an issue, however, you did make one mistake. You slammed full-force into Masky as he was making his way into the kitchen to get a second plate of the breakfast bake you'd made. Neither of you fell, but it hurt like hell.

"I'm sorry!" You said through laughter. Masky was laughing too, harder than you by the sounds of it! As you two departed from the accidental hug you'd caused, BEN walked up snickering like a child.

"That feel nice?" BEN asked, grinning. You shot a playful glare and mouthed to him 'No' before you looked back up at Masky.

"Did you see where Cally ran to?" You asked, wearing a devious smile.

"I am sworn to secrecy." Masky said, holding his right hand over his heart. "I cannot tell."

"Sure you can!" You squeaked. "She just can't know about it!"

Masky contorted his face and put his hands up to his mouth before saying "You're a bad influence." And without another word he walked past you, into the kitchen. You turned your body as he passed you and mumbled "I'm the bad influence?"

You smiled and turned to your one true friend, the one who would NEVER lie to you!

"BEN, have you seen Ca-"

"Nope, sorry, she's not upstairs though." And with that he followed Masky, clutching his plate with a fierce grip and a smile.

You gripped the spatula tight in your hand and imagined smacking the two of them- Scratch that, make that three; let's include Masky in there, on the back of their heads roughly 15 times each.

'How could they not help me out, I made them breakfast!' You thought to yourself.

You didn't let that stop you from finding her though, oh no. You sneakily made your way up the steps without making a sound, a ninja would be jealous, and tip-toed to your bedroom. Cally already expects you to expect the obvious, a.k.a. be hiding in her room. What other room would she be hiding in? That's right, your room.

You silently and slowly opened your bedroom door and held your spatula above your head. So in any case, you'd be ready to strike. But alas, you were not prepared to be attacked from BEHIND! You felt two cold hands on your upper back and suddenly, you were floating! As much as it sucks to say, you fell straight to the floor and you heard the pitter-patter of your little sister escaping down the stairway.

"GAAAHHHHH!" You yelled in playful anger. "I was right..."

You quickly picked yourself up and ran for the steps but came to a stop at the very top because once you looked down you'd seen that you had gained yourself an ally. Kai stood at the bottom wrestling Cally to the floor, presumably to stop her from getting away. He had her in an arm lock and she was barely dangling on. She was hanging there and Kai was keeping her held up with his one leg, holding her. Her tactic is to drop to the floor so she's free, but I guess Kai realized that and countered it!

"GET OFF YOU FUCKER!" She yelled with annoyance, but she had a big toothy smile.

"Think you can break free?" He responded with a laugh. Kai looked up and nodded at you. With no time to waste you jumped your way down the steps and right down onto Cally, squishing her. When you got down there and looked around, everyone had gathered around to watch what was happening. They all looked so happy, and they also look like they're used to it. BEN and Jeff must do this all the time, the others are usually so tame.

Cally lied there on the hardwood floor facing the ceiling with her eyes shut laughing so hard she's wheezing and you just sat there continuously jumping up and down with your butt.

"DOGGY PILE!" Toby yelled. From where he stood across the room, he ran at the two of you and started to pounce, but just before he could make it you'd rolled away in just the nick of time.

"NOO!" Cally yelled, but it did not work. Toby jumped on her alone instead of you and her. Now, she was completely squished, no breathing for her!

'Serves her right, she shouldn't have taken the last apple doughnut that I was going for.'

Everyone sat around laughing, smiling, and overall just having fun. The kind of fun the two of you hadn't experienced in years. The same kind of fun that a family has. You and Cally hadn't been there long at all, but you felt more at home here than you had anywhere else after your guys' mom and dad died.

You looked up at BEN and stuck your tongue out at him and giggled, but he didn't seem right... His smile wasn't on his face anymore, he just looked so neutral. That's usually a good indicator that he's pissed about something or he's thinking really hard about something. And to you, that's usually your cue to find out what was wrong.

You stood up from the floor and tilted your head in confusion at him but he only turned his attention away from you to the kitchen, and that's where he started to walk. You decided to follow. You were pretty sure he chose to walk in there because that's the one place everyone wasn't in anymore. Everyone was beating the shit out of each other in the living room now, so it'd give you two enough time to talk. BEN sat at the table and grabbed an orange from the fruit dish and stared at you as you sat down across from him. You shook your head and started to look around the kitchen. The clock above the stove caught your attention, had it already hit 7:50am? You really didn't think you'd have been awake for that long, 3 whole hours.

"You wanna talk?" You asked him, concern evident. BEN stared out into the living room as he peeled his orange and sighed.

"I got some news for you and Cal." He said quietly. "That neither of you won't like.. I think..."